• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

WorkHorse has arrived

NYC 'Que

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Took possession of this about three weeks ago. Cooks like a dream! My first stick burner and the learning curve is nowhere near as steep as I thought it would be.
4c153e551e722273f90a5df8255f8585.jpg

4b14b1f98d437b07f2270224c14a3491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks fantastic! I would love to hear your observations so far regarding ordering experience with company, fit/finish, temp variance/control...

Congrats on the nice set up!

Congrats! A well designed cooker that drafts well does make the learning curve much easier, especially if you’ve ever made a camp fire or fire in a fire pit. Looking forward to seeing the food that comes off it. :thumb:

Question: Does the word stick burner refer to a system that uses logs of wood not coal.

Thank you.

Chett

Yes. The offset smokers generally perform better when using logs, splits, sticks, etc. When I was getting into smoking and I bought a Cheap Offset Smoker (COS), I tried to use charcoal exclusively and it didn't produce good food efficiently until I started burning logs. I learned the difference here.

Yes. The offset smokers generally perform better when using logs, splits, sticks, etc. When I was getting into smoking and I bought a Cheap Offset Smoker (COS), I tried to use charcoal exclusively and it didn't produce good food efficiently until I started burning logs. I learned the difference here.

Hi Ron,

Does the word offset apply to heat source is separated from the grilling portion?

Thank you.
Chett

Yes, the firebox is generally off to one side, or in the case of a few smokers, in the back, but it isn't directly in line with the cook chamber.
Vertical smokers have the heat source directly under the cook chamber, and it will be in the same structure (think Weber Smoky Mountain or Drum smoker).
There are gravity fed smokers, pellet grills, and probably a few more that slips my mind, but no doubt you will see all of them here.
Chett, PM me if you have any questions. I don't want to highjack this thread.

Last edited:
I’m a huge Shirley fan for function but I gotta say that’s an awesome looking smoker! Congrats! Love that old vintage TX pit look. I’m sure it cooks great too!

Back