Johnny Trigg Ribs

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve even thought of this method. However I have 5 racks of full Spares in freezer.
Full spares trimmed
Williams’s Rib Tickler
Tiger Sauce
Squeeze Parkay

There are several recipes online for Johnny Trigg ribs. The best one does not have a padlock and says not secure so I won’t post the link

Order placed with Williams’s
Rib Tickler
Steak Seasoning
BBQ Seasoning

They have a free shipping limit however I did not reach. Think it 75$ For free shipping

Full disclosure. I probably won’t do Parkay. Kerrygold And Land Of Lakes is what I have, and some Members Mark butter.
Spices probably be here next week. It’s been a couple years since Ive seen 6oz bottles of RT. The multipound package has been available pretty regular

Parkay is so gross and artificial, I am not sure how it came to be the standard in the first place

Parkay is so gross and artificial, I am not sure how it came to be the standard in the first place

Seems I remember it had to do with appearance and Parkay really made them shine. Don’t remember exactly who said it

Not sure where you got that idea.

Parkay is wholesome blend of liquid soybean oil, water, palm oil, nonfat milk, whey, salt, buttermilk, vegetable monoglycerides, diglycerides and soy lecithin as emulsifiers, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate as preservatives, natural and artificial flavors, phosphoric acid and vitamin A palmitate.

All of those ingredients currently exist in nature! So I would suggest that Parkay is 100% natural. Except of course, for the flavor, that is artificial according to the ingredients.

Looking forward to it Adams
I believe butter separates and Margarine does not. I think I remember hearing that on BBQ Pitt Masters

Looking forward to it Adams
I believe butter separates and Margarine does not. I think I remember hearing that on BBQ Pitt Masters

Cool, thanks. I knew there was a reason

I took his class a number of years ago. My notes are in storage, as we are moving around town, but I also remember Smoking Guns rub, as well. I'm sure of that.

Personally I like parkay or regular butter. We do both at home, parkay only at competitions.

From what I've heard from multiple top pitmasters, never researched it though, is that margarine has a higher smoke/burn point than butter. So less likely to burn in the wrap and give your ribs that meteorite look.

From personal experience, I've had butter burn in the wrap and create a tar like substance. I've never had parkay or margarine burn.

:blah::blah::blah:

Back