Keto Cheese Waffle

P

pharp

I know I have seen several people post about doing Keto or Low Carb, so I thought I would share. I stole this from a recipe I saw on twitter from @grilling24x7. Not sure if he is on here or not. I modified his recipe. I tried doubling the recipe, but ended up having two much for the waffle iron. xtime I am going to just use half the waffle iron with the idea that 1/2 the waffle would be perfect to make a "bun" out of. I am also going to turn my waffle iron up to high instead of medium high next time, but all and all happy with it. I have started KETO a few times but always get hungry..not craving carbs as much as I just don't get full. This really hit the spot alongside my steak and seemed to leave me feeling like I ate a full meal!

1 egg
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
1 Teaspoon Heavy Cream
Salt/Pepper/Hot Sauce to taste

QrIAJVAl.jpg

Thank you!

I'm now thinking of throwing some crumbled chorizo into that mix...

I’ve been doing piles of shredded cheese on the blackstone. Cook it down until it bakes into a flat bubbly chip. Fold it over a taco form and it dries hard enough to be a shell.

Or eat them right off the stone.

Nice! I have done them in the microwave..I will try them on the Blackstone!

Looks interesting. How does it taste compared to a regular waffle?

Also just want to throw this out there for anyone that might care. While I love making some of the cool keto substitute recipes, and have posted my share. I highly recommend avoiding for the most part during your first couple of months, while you are getting fat adapted. You are not only training your body to run on a different fuel, you are also trying to break bad eating habits, and build a better relationship with food.

If you have had problems with keto, I would also recommend this book. If you follow it, it will be the best money you ever spent.
https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Reset-D...to+reset+diet&qid=1565662270&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Looks interesting. How does it taste compared to a regular waffle?

Also just want to throw this out there for anyone that might care. While I love making some of the cool keto substitute recipes, and have posted my share. I highly recommend avoiding for the most part during your first couple of months, while you are getting fat adapted. You are not only training your body to run on a different fuel, you are also trying to break bad eating habits, and build a better relationship with food.

If you have had problems with keto, I would also recommend this book. If you follow it, it will be the best money you ever spent.
https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Reset-D...to+reset+diet&qid=1565662270&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I will check out the book. I am not sure about comparing to a regular waffle..I hit it pretty hard with hot sauce. The texture was good. I think it was a little spongier because I had the waffle iron too low. I will post update about texture next time with the waffle iron turned all the way up.

Looks good to me! When I saw the title I thought it was a derogatory name for a hippie type of person.

I’ve been doing piles of shredded cheese on the blackstone. Cook it down until it bakes into a flat bubbly chip. Fold it over a taco form and it dries hard enough to be a shell.

Or eat them right off the stone.
I don't have a waffle iron and also thought of the Blackstone for cheese pancakes. Might try a few.

This is cool. I eat both low carb and ketogenic depending on the day. Sometimes I fast.

Looks delicious! :). Put some BBQ pulled pork on that with some low carb bbq sauce mmm.

I just made low carb almond flour waffles the other day with beaten egg whites.. was like a cross between a crepe and a waffle.. so delicious. I microwaved some frozen raspberries and added some Pyure/Truvia to the raspberry sauce and poured over the waffles & butter. Gonna try this recipe with my waffle iron now.. (It's a Villaware Belgian waffle maker)

(I have to eat low carb / keto cause of the diabetes. Did ya know Halle Berry eats a keto diet and keeps her figure and controls blood glucose with it.)

My wife makes ricotta pancakes (ricotta, vanilla protein whey powder, baking soda) with sugar free syrup. It is really good.

How did they taste, Jason??

Taste great. Like crispy cheesy eggs. I added salt, pepper and sriracha. Had 2 for lunch and the other 2 for dinner. Wife had a bite and liked it. Might make a bunch and freeze them.

I also might try some with more egg whites than whole eggs. They aren't unhealthy, but I do eat a lot of egg whites with regular eggs during the week, with cheese so I really like this recipe for a different spin.

Thanks for posting pharp!

Gifted daughter a book called "Will it Waffle" that has some odd but good ideas for waffle iron foods. Worth a look

Back