• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
yeah me too, kinda sick of picking it up to dump it LOL :)

I definitely gonna pick up an ash pan very soon. After cleaning the ashes out today, I can guarantee ash pan will make clean up way easier.

I got chicken goin in it right now and am pumped about seeing if PBC chicken is as good as they say it is!!

I had to pick up the ash attachment, got delivered yesterday. I will give it a go this weekend and let you know what i think. I have been just dumping out the ashes once they were cool, but this seems easier if it works. I have no reason to believe that it would not work as I have been impressed with all of Noah's products so far!

It is simple to use, does what it says it does. It was windy here in NY yesterday so I had an issue with ashes blowing everywhere, but that is not caused by the ash pan. All in all its better than dumping the barrel every time!

im planning on doing a turkey in the next few weeks (all of the butchers and grocery stores around here wont be selling turkeys until beginning of november). i plan on following noah's video, except that i will be brining it for 24 hrs until the cook.

my question to you is this: can i stuff the turkey or should i just leave the cavity open? i love stuffing (no dressing is not the same thing) and i can only assume it WOULD effect the cook time.

im planning on doing a turkey in the next few weeks (all of the butchers and grocery stores around here wont be selling turkeys until beginning of november). i plan on following noah's video, except that i will be brining it for 24 hrs until the cook.

my question to you is this: can i stuff the turkey or should i just leave the cavity open? i love stuffing (no dressing is not the same thing) and i can only assume it WOULD effect the cook time.

Wish I could help but I truly don't know. I've always heard never make stuffing in the bird, but lots of people do it. I'd think it would be as safe as doing it in an oven and you could always double check the temp of the stuffing. Not sure how it would affect the cook though. You have me curious how it would taste.....a smokey stuffung.....ccould be great!

I've done it but of course the big fear is that the stuffing will be contaminated on an under cooked bird. One premise of stuffing is to keep the bird moist....but that's an old wives tail.

Still nothing wrong with it but I'd rather put in aromatics.

I typically do 2 18-21lb birds every year, one stuffed and one not. The stuffed one does take longer to cook. Turkey is no different in flavor, the stuffing takes on flavor from the bird more so than the stuffing I make and cook in a pan.

Unstuffed

Stuffing the turkey will definitely affect cooking times , but brining will also affect the cooking times ( it will speed the time up ) sounds like a good experiment before T-day. I don't have any advice to give on cooking the turkey on a PBC , I cook between 20 & 30 for employees and customers. FYI - l always brine!

I like them both ...that Noah just keeps them coming.

I do too, but when seeing the turkey hanger I realized I have something already that would work just as well. I've got an extra turkey from last Christmas (long story) in the freezer I need to cook. I think I'll give it a run soon.

I personally love the hinged grate idea! Much better than buying one and hacking in half! I ordered both items. I am a sucker for free shipping and all things pit barrel!

Last edited:
Growing up in Louisiana, I have a turkey fryer. Over the past few years I've began to use the oiless fryer. I forgot though that I still have all the parts to my original fryer. The part that the bird sits on will work in the PBC to hang the turkey I believe. Mine is very similar to this. If I had to guess that's probably only a 11-12lb turkey

Should definitely work. I did a 13 lb turkey last year the day before Thanksgiving since we always cook an extra bird so there is enough for leftovers. One of the hooks started to fall out during the cook and almost lost it in the fire. Finished it on the grate. Will definitely be getting the turkey hanger before my next cook.

Yeah I'd be getting one too if I didn't have that hanger from my fryer. I'm gonna try it out soon.

Back