• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Family size bit of everything w/ pron

fnjay

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just the four of us, but I like variety....so got some small cuts.
Made 2 lbs of suasage this morning
About a 3.5lb brisket heavy with point
About 4lb pork shoulder
Brussels sprouts and a few tators
VgV5xRxl.jpg

XNFiKP9l.jpg

This is where we are at....gonna actually let these run unwrapped at 250-275 till I feel it's unsafe...then move to grate. Not certain of more pron cuz it's gonna go buffet style as it comes off the pit. Nothing pretty about the plating at my house :wink:

Last edited:
I bought a WSM over a PBC. Don't you guys ever worry about the meat getting to tender and it falls off the hooks? That would concern me probably the first few times I cooked on one! Looking fantastic tho. Love the look of hanging meat!

I bought a WSM over a PBC. Don't you guys ever worry about the meat getting to tender and it falls off the hooks? That would concern me probably the first few times I cooked on one! Looking fantastic tho. Love the look of hanging meat!

Thx. I've not lost anything yet in about 2-3 dozen cooks on it, but this is the first time im letting em run on the hook past IT of 170. Usually I pull it a bit before that and wrap to put on the grate (PBC does have a grate....it's just that hanging is far more space efficient). So we will see! Cause they are small cuts I was experimenting wanted see if I get better bark pulling at 175-180 vs the normal 165...then again I could just not wrap at all....oh well, one variable at a time for now :-D

So...took em to over 180 IT without issue and pulled. Will get wrapped and on grate till probe tender now. Suasage is done....and goooood. As are the Brussels sprouts. Funny how I've develop a craving for Brussels sprouts since I started smoking em....smoke makes everything better!
iH4IRSvl.jpg

Sorry for fuzzy pic....didn't realize it was that bad. I only use my iPad or phone.....don't even have a regular camera.

Back