• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chris Webber Chili Cheese Corn Dog

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I was thinking about entering the Tubesteak TD. I was making a Queso Fundido so I got another idea that got squashed.

tubesteak1.jpg

I get my poblano chiles, a jalapeno, and some onions going on the comal (the onions and poblanos are head for the Queso Fundido):

Side note so the pepperheads don't shoot me: In most grocery stores, you won't find a pobalno chile. You will find a pasilla chile. Guess what?
The chile named pasilla is actually the poblano. It is used for chile rellenos.

Where do you find a pasilla chile? Look for one called the chillaca. While the poblano is triangular in shape, the chillaca is torpedo-shaped (and much hotter).

tubesteak3.jpg

Crisp up some bacon...

tubesteak4.jpg

Dice the jalapeno and poblanos

tubesteak5.jpg

tubesteak6.jpg

Shred some of the Oaxaca Cheese...

tubesteak14.jpg

Time to make the corn dog batter...

tubesteak15.jpg

tubesteak22.jpg

tubesteak23.jpg

Anecdotal Moment: I used to be the frontman/lead singer in a cover band. We were pretty good. Unless it was a Friday. Friday was kryptonite.
Our worst gig ever was on a Friday. If you've seen the movie "The Commitments", you'll understand.

The last time I tried to make a bacon-wrapped hotdog was for the TD. Here was the result.

afterburnt.jpg

Why? I was cooking chicken at the same time.

I cook bacon-wrapped hotdogs at work all the time, with no problems.

So I am trying this again, and here is the result:

tubesteak24.jpg

And what else on my grill? Yup, chicken. Never again. Off with the bacon. I will used the stuff I cooked earlier.

I decide I don't want to deep fry the corn dog, so I test making a long fritter.

tubesteak25.jpg

tubesteak26.jpg

tubesteak27.jpg

I top the dog with some chili, some shredded Oaxaca Cheese, the crumbled bacon, and some jalapenos

tubesteak28.jpg

Why is this called the Chris Webber Chili Cheese Corn Dog?

Because the clock ran out on me submitting it to the TD.

Last edited:
LOL, I read the title and thought, "Chris Webber the basket ball player?"

Yes, THAT Chris Webber. :grin:

For the rest of you:

Chris Webber played basketball for Michigan. They lost 77–71 to North Carolina in the NCAA Tournament in 1993.

One of the lowlights (besides the loss) was Chris Webber's calling a timeout, when Michigan had none left. This resulted in a technical foul against Michigan.

For the rest of you:

Chris Webber played basketball for Michigan. They lost 77–71 to North Carolina in the NCAA Tournament in 1993.

One of the lowlights (besides the loss) was Chris Webber's calling a timeout, when Michigan had none left. This resulted in a technical foul against Michigan.

I was a student at Michigan at the time. Somehow I remember that moment in excruciating detail!

For the rest of you:

The refs missed a travel by weber before the timeout

I did not know you sang - any video? :twisted:

Love how that dawg came out & I wish I had one right about now! :hungry:

I did not know you sang - any video? :twisted:

Love how that dawg came out & I wish I had one right about now! :hungry:

It's on VHS (mercifully).......I just saw it a month ago when I was moving stuff to the garage.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Arithmetic may require an entire major or some schools, but it doesn't even warrant a class at Michigan since their students learned it in HS or middle school.

Apparently not as he went to hi skool at Detroit Country Day after attending Riverside Middle School at Dearborn.
And lets not leave out him being indited by a Federal Grand jury for the "Ed Martin scandal" involving boosters buying players for good 'ol Michigan U.

Nor the fact that the NCAA stripped him of all honors because of it.
Being born in Pontiac doesn't guarantee loyalty from me.
Ed

Back