February Special "Foods You Love!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) ENDS MONDAY 3.4!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new February Special Throwdown Category is...

"Foods You Love!"

6FFoiudh.jpg

This was ssv3's entry in the 2017 "Happy Meal" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook a favorite meal or dish that you keep coming back to! We encourage you to provide details as to why it's a favorite dish and what inspired it, if applicable.

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only!

3. Standard Throwdown Rules Apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/1 through Monday 3/4/19.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/4/19.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Best of luck and even better eats to all! [/FONT]

Last edited:
My entry: a batch of what my son-in-law dubbed the best wings he's ever eaten.

These were marinated for 2 days in store-brand balsamic vin, then grilled indirectly for an hour over lump charcoal, seared, and then sauced with Frank's wing sauce.

Plated and ready to devour:

TAHlEk7.jpg

Moderator's note on the above entry

***MODERATOR'S NOTE***

Folks, please be aware that each and every Throwdown we hold takes place within a set time period. That means that the entry MUST be cooked between the time the Throwdown begins and when it ends. This is outlined clearly in each category announcement when it goes live, as in this particular Throwdown:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/1 through Monday 3/4/19.

And is also outlined in the Throwdown rules, specifically, rule #4:

[FONT=&quot]4. Entries MUST be prepared during the time that the Throwdown Category is accepting entries. This period of time is specified in the first post of each Throwdown entry thread.[/FONT]

Bklmt's entry was posted in Qtalk on 12/29/2018, and therefore must be disqualified per Throwdown rules, as it was cooked prior to the beginning of this throwdown:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267999

In other words, PLEASE read the Throwdown rules before entering!

Bklmt2000 has every opportunity to submit another entry to replace this, and actually submit additional entries, since this particular Throwdown allows for multiple entries. :thumb:

That is all!

:yo:

Korean "burnt ends"

I love burnt ends (who doesn't?), I love short ribs, and love Korean Kalbi. So, lately I have been combining all three together. In this Throwdown entry (please accept this photo as my entry), I started off with some boneless shorties, seasoned them with Santa Maria seasoning, then smoked them with cherry/maple/hickory for 2 hours, before braising them in Kalbi sauce and broth. I added more glaze just before serving.

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_172643_616.jpg
    IMG_20190209_172643_616.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 444
Ribs are by far the most bbq food I love. Not only to eat, but I have a lot of great memories revolving around ribs.

Please accept this photo for entry.

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_142143_821.jpg
    IMG_20190212_142143_821.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 411
Please accept this as my entry to the throwdown.

There is nothing better on a cold, snowy day than cooking a burger on the grill and then smothering it with chili& cheese on a toasted bun.

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_150420_kindlephoto-49679581.jpg
    IMG_20190214_150420_kindlephoto-49679581.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 421
Official Entry

Here is one of my favorite cuts of Beef

Flat Iron - This is an SRF that has great marbling. Used to buy these all the time before they were popular and they were cheap. MSD worked at Kroger' and would buy them up when marked down.

Now we have to pay more but they are a great cut of steak with great flavor.

FI 5.jpg

Full cook is here.
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4138340#post4138340

Thanks for Lookin.
SD

Last edited:
Back