MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts

Notices

Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts Revolutionary new way to season your food. No additives, no preservatives. Mother Nature provides the ingredients, Naturiffic provides the products. Our Gourmet Salts begin with high-end unrefined Sea Salt to which we add herbs and citrus elements. Use in recipes, at the grill or as a finishing salt. Our brining salts are formulated to be used as a Dry brine.This forum is where to get Brethren discounts, share your recipes and feedback, and help us with future product development.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John
Default Welcome to Naturiffic!! Introduction & The Details

I hope to new paint smell doesn't offend you as we settle into our new digs here on the Brethren Vendor Forum.

There is so much I have to share, so bare with me as I try to explain the whys and hows of what we are doing at Naturiffic!!

A little about me first:
This has been a long time coming. I have been member of the BBQ Brethren since 2009. I have also headed up Sir Porkalot BBQ Team since then as well.

Up until 2011 I lived on the east coast of the US in NC and competing in BBQ competitions was a hobby I enjoyed, but I never did get involved on a national level.
In 2011, life (as it tends to do) tossed us a curve ball, and I ended up moving to California, in 2012 my family joined me out west.

About Naturiffic!!:
Fast forward to 2014; My wife has been battling health issues for the past couple of years, and due to this we have completely changed our family's diets to compensate.
In May 2014, my wife Jody has found some relief through various methods (including the change of diet) and decides it would be great to be able to share what has worked for her, with others.
June 2014, she officially launches Naturiffic!!, a company focused on providing all-natural Herbal Teas, Bathing products and Massage Oils (things she has leaned upon while trying to feel better)
The goal was to use as little ingredients as possible, and to ensure those ingredients were of the highest quality.

For the past 12 months she has been working diligently to build up the product line with just a few, but well done products.

About Gourmet Cooking Salts:

Due to the success she has enjoyed over the past year at local festivals and farmer's markets, we made the decision this past spring to expand into seasonings.

These couldn't be just any seasonings though, they had to be something we used and believed in (much like her other products), and like the other products, needed to be of the highest quality, with no additives.

One of the (many) food restrictions Jody had come across in her journey back to health, was a ban on anything considered a "nightshade", and the list is long:
  • Tomatoes
  • Tomatillos
  • Eggplant
  • Potatoes
  • Goji Berries
  • Tobacco
  • Peppers (bell peppers, chili peppers, paprika, tamales, pimentos, cayenne, etc)
She doesn't just need to avoid these, but anything that is a derivative of these (IE: Tomato paste, Paprika Powder, Potato Starch, etc)

Fortunately, being raised in NC, I was never really a big fan of the traditional; "rubs" . Some of these things are loaded with ingredients, and a lot of them are on her banned list.

In NC the main seasoning used on BBQ is salt....yup, just plain ol salt.
So transitioning our household to a "nightshade" free diet was not as difficult for this BBQ guy as it may have been for others.

Through the process of trying to figure out how to feed her safely and still be able to do great cooks for the family, I found that using a high-end sea salt mixed with select herbs and citrus provided great flavors without getting complex ingredients involved.

So Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking Salts was born.

The Launch and next steps:
We developed the first 3 products in Gourmet Salt line over the past few months. In May/June, we sent out trial samples to a few Facebook friends (including a few Brethren) to solicit feedback.
After a few tweaks (based in part on this feedback), we were ready to launch the Gourmet Salts line on July 1, 2016.

The BBQ Brethren has been a part of our development all along, so I thought it fitting that I supported this site by opening a Vendor forum.

Of course being able to get our product out to a larger audience is a key part of what I hope to do here, but so is getting feedback on our current products and even getting you help on developing our next phase; BBQ Salts.

Stay Tuned for much more to come on this forum. Including: Recipes, Posts utilizing the Gourmet Salts, Giveaways, Brethren Only Discount codes, etc

Thank you for taking the time to read this introduction, I look forward to doing business with you.

Last edited by SirPorkaLot; 07-20-2016 at 02:25 PM..
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Congrats on the new venture John!

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #3
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBAGA View Post
Congrats on the new venture John!

Thanks!

I am very excited to see where it goes!
Old 07-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
gtr

Well that is really cool and sounds very interesting. I'll hit up your site this evening. Hope it all goes well!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #5
thunderalley3
Full Fledged Farker

Congatulations on the new venture and your wife's health improvements. It is really great that something positive came from a negative .
I wish you the best and I am heading in to check it out
thunderalley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #6
PatAttack

Glad to hear your wife is getting some relief!

Congratulations to you both and good luck in your venture!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
bjarolim
Full Fledged Farker

Good luck on your endeavor mate...I think my bride to be would enjoy this stuff
Old 07-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #8
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Well that is really cool and sounds very interesting. I'll hit up your site this evening. Hope it all goes well!
Thanks Greg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderalley3 View Post
Congatulations on the new venture and your wife's health improvements. It is really great that something positive came from a negative .
I wish you the best and I am heading in to check it out
Yes, my wife calls this business her "lotus" for that reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAttack View Post
Glad to hear your wife is getting some relief!

Congratulations to you both and good luck in your venture!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarolim View Post
Good luck on your endeavor mate...I think my bride to be would enjoy this stuff
Awesome!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:22 PM   #9
landarc

Great going John and Jody, as you know, I am liking the salts.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #10
SirPorkaLot

Bump
Old 07-23-2016, 07:54 AM   #11
Big George's BBQ

Name/Nickname : George

Good Luck
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #12
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

Congrats John, we're excitited for ya!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #13
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Best wishes man! I know they got great reviews on the Facebook trials!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote