• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New to the Brethren

Roadpir8

Reaction score
Hello... new to BBQ Brethren. I came across the forum when I was looking to replace my cheap Walmart purchased propane smoker. Over the last few years, I learned a lot using that thing and forcing it to do what I wanted. I definitely learned what I wanted in a new smoker. And while researching smokers I came across BBQ Brethren threads that were very helpful in helping me decide what to get.
Two weeks ago, I took delivery of my Southern Q Limo Jr, just in time for Thanksgiving. At 290lbs it was no small feat getting the wheels on!! I have fired it up twice since (damn work keeps getting in the way of my bbq habit!) and I am very happy with it.
I had a great experience in making the purchase. I spoke to Scott and exchanged texts and emails with him where he answered all my questions while I was trying to decide on what to get. (See attached photos)

Attachments

• Limo Jr arrives.jpg
    Limo Jr arrives.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 223
  • putting the wheels on.jpg
    putting the wheels on.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Limo Jr.jpg
    Limo Jr.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 221
Welcome to the forum, Serge. That's quite a smoker!

Welcome
What a grand entrance
Beautiful Smoker

Welcome pull up a chair and crack open a beverage and stay awhile.

Southern Q's are awesome smokers on the KCBS comp trail.

Beautiful smoker. Love the color. Another fine smoker out of the great state of GA!

Looks like a highly functional cooker. But I have to say the color looks like it belongs in the front yard of a forest ranger's cabin along with a table full of white bread :)

Welcome, glad you found us and thanks for supporting Georgia's economy. Scott does some great work and you will certainly enjoy your new addition. Be sure to share some cook pics.

Serge, Welcome to the Brethren!!
Mighty fine smoker you got there, I am sure you are going to enjoy it, and dont forget to post pics of your cooks! We love the Pron!

I think you are going to love the cooker. My buddy bought one a couple of years ago and really likes it. What options did you get?

Thanks,

Robert

Sweet rig, Serge.

You made it to the right spot, mate.

Back