Looking for help finding a new grill/smoker

Not really besides being a charcoal grill. You can move the fire box up and down on the assasin like the hasty bake. The worlds best ribs are also cooked on hastys at burnco.

It serves the same basic purpose and operates in a similar manner.

KJ is just now coming out with the Kamado Joe III versions. They are going to be expensive but will have a lot of nice features, including a 3 level grill. You should check them out. https://www.abt.com/product/129463/Kamado-Joe-Big-Joe-III-Red-Ceramic-Grill-BJIII.html I am sure the price will come down some, from this add.
I am curious, are the fans necessary (Cyber IQ)? I imagine they certainly help maintain temps, but I myself would prefer to not use one.

What is the warranty like? How easy is to get replacement parts? Do they charge a fee for replacement parts? It's not if the Kamado will crack but when the Kamado will crack. Warranty and customer service is everything. Having a good dealer helps a bunch. The main reason why I have a BGE is the warranty and service I get with it from my BGE dealer. Just my 2 cents.

I love my large egg, no problem holding temps in the Canadian winter whether that is steaks or a couple of butts. Hard to beat the versatility and quality. I have a pit barrel as well love it in normal weather.

I am curious, are the fans necessary (Cyber IQ)? I imagine they certainly help maintain temps, but I myself would prefer to not use one.
My Big Joe holds temp so well I don't even use my CyberQ normally. You will be amazed at the efficiency, once you start cooking with a Kamado grill. That new III series looks to be an amazing grill, with some unique features.

One thing I would emphasize is to get a grill with a lifetime warranty, that you think will be around. Ceramics will crack sometimes, even the best of them, that is why they have the lifetime warranty on the ceramics. That warranty doesn't do you any good if the company went out of business when you need it.

If you're considering Assassin (grills, not smokers) and Hasty-Bake; you do yourself a disservice if you don't also look at the MGrills M1. IMHO, it's probably the most versatile cooker on the market right now...and Travis and the crew are great to work with.

Just my $0.02....

My Big Joe holds temp so well I don't even use my CyberQ normally. You will be amazed at the efficiency, once you start cooking with a Kamado grill. That new III series looks to be an amazing grill, with some unique features.

One thing I would emphasize is to get a grill with a lifetime warranty, that you think will be around. Ceramics will crack sometimes, even the best of them, that is why they have the lifetime warranty on the ceramics. That warranty doesn't do you any good if the company went out of business when you need it.
Thanks. I am looking at the new Kamado Joe, says it is coming out in 4-5 weeks.

If you're considering Assassin (grills, not smokers) and Hasty-Bake; you do yourself a disservice if you don't also look at the MGrills M1. IMHO, it's probably the most versatile cooker on the market right now...and Travis and the crew are great to work with.

Just my $0.02....
Thank you. I was actually looking at the MGrills on BPS. Right now I am looking at the Ole Hickory. Looking at the small guy which is on sale.

Finding the perfect cooker is like finding the perfect golf swing. Ball stance clubs swing type etc. Always looking to improve always looking for that one tweak the panacea.

Pray you don't find it. Don't be afraid to try new cookers then get them to a new home.

To me, the changes in cookers have helped keep it interesting

I just got a Weber 26 and LOVE it, best bang for the buck IMO.

BAM! That’s what I’ve been saying... lol. I’ve had a LOT of charcoal grills including some of the expensive ones being discussed in this thread. The 26.75 is one tough grill to beat on numerous levels :)

BAM! That’s what I’ve been saying... lol. I’ve had a LOT of charcoal grills including some of the expensive ones being discussed in this thread. The 26.75 is one tough grill to beat on numerous levels :)

Got 10lbs of bacon smoking on it right now after a 7 day cure

Absolutely agree. I’m trying to get rid of my barley used PK Classic in favor of my Weber 26. Wish shipping wasn’t so high so I could unload it easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back