Cinnamon "Sugar" Cracklins

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
You guys liked my first idea so well, I thought I would give another one them a a try. Started by melting some chocolate and 2 tbsp of butter in the microwave. Then stirred in 10 drops of better stevia.
EoGz0dx.jpg

5GeEYQP.jpg

Mixed up some freshly grated nutmeg, 1 tbsp of cinnamon and 2 tbsp of golden monkfruit sweetener.
hIpZlPQ.jpg

Put it in a zip bag, and gave it a shake. Very reminiscent of cinnamon toast crunch cereal at this point.
QrtPbDX.jpg

Then I drizzled them with the melted chocolate and butter. Should have done this on some parchment, but it worked out ok.
HoM538p.jpg

Put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes to setup, and this is what they looked like, after I broke them apart.
9nFHdQS.jpg

Sifted on a tsp of powdered swerve.
nCbw862.jpg

Make these the keto way, or do it the real deal, and I doubt you'll ever want another chocolate coated pretzel.

Thanks for looking!

Very interesting, and as always, well executed!

Thanks!

You certainly are going for the fences with those cracklins. Should we take a poll on your next creation?

You certainly are going for the fences with those cracklins. Should we take a poll on your next creation?

What can I say I like crunch, and cracklins are one of the few ways to get it. Poll away, I am always up for an interesting idea.

good looking snack Josh

Thanks Tom.

My son likes to put peanut butter on cracklins. Are yours homemade or store bought?

16Adams mentioned peanut butter the other day. At first I thought he was crazy, but the more I thought about it, it sounds like it might work. I was thinking of maybe a cracker jack kind of mix, made with cracklins instead of popcorn.

These were store bought, I was using up the rest of the bag, from my cheetos post.
ujpz5Sd.jpg

Savory and sweet. I’m sure that was an awesome combination!

Back