Bone in Rib Roast on the Goldens'

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
This has been in the freezer since last Fall, it was time to make it. It had been intended for Sunday dinner, but plans didn't work out so a Tuesday night not so run of the mill dinner was in the works.

Just a bit less than 2 1/2 pounds of CAB Bone in Rib Roast. Dry brined in the fridge for a few hours, then seasoned with some Worcestershire and Oakridge Carne Costa rub.

Onto the Goldens' running indirect around 325 with a few sweet potatoes -

1dGDkp9.jpg

Meanwhile, not much to do 'cept kick back and relax by the pool -

defRH8K.jpg

Finishing up with a temp around 120F -

3CfAN5Y.jpg

b9qUmFG.jpg

Resting -

Udylbxe.jpg

b0VtmdK.jpg

Beautiful color, nicely rare -

rWYLQcA.jpg

iHtS5fI.jpg

Dinner is served -

MFIn1K5.jpg

mPWiv18.jpg

0o1rpdA.jpg

nELNsqR.jpg

FM5VW3f.jpg

Nothing like a Sunday dinner on a Tuesday night out by the pool. And it was as good as it looks.

I'd say I hit it outta the pahk, right over the Green Monstah! :mrgreen: My wife didn't realize I was making Prime Rib, she thought it was just your usual roast beef. Was she pleasantly surprised!

Thanks for reading through to the end of this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks great! I have a goldens sitting in my garage waiting for my patio to be finished. Cant wait to try it out in a few weeks!

Great looking roast and a Wachusett to boot! I wish I could try more of their beers but the Blueberry is the only one I can find around here in western New York.

Great looking roast and a Wachusett to boot! I wish I could try more of their beers but the Blueberry is the only one I can find around here in western New York.

Thanks.

The brewery is less than a half hour from my house. Someday I'll visit it. On my list.

If you looked up perfection in the dictionary, there would have to be a picture of that meal by the pool. I mean, does it really get any better than that? Most excellent, sir!

Back