BBQ at Buc-ee's

Gotta love Beaver Nuggets! Diabetes in a bag.

jBQcB8B.jpg

Had the chopped brisket and to much sauce, decent and will stop again and try to get some without sauce, also will try the turkey, I am diabetic so bypassed the nuggets and should have the sauce, place was a mad house and a lot of knifes slinging and chopping lol. they are building 1 at the 407 exit on I40 in Tn and I will be through there semi weekly

It's average bbq. I live 15 minutes from one and never go to it. Now if I'm driving thru north Texas or the Houston area then I'll stop almost every time. Sliced brisket sandwich almost every time. The chopped anything there is way over-sauced.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The best thing I like about buc-ee’s is being able to get bulk DEF without having to go to a truck stop. We have one about 20 minutes from the house.
I fill up there before every trip.

Wife likes the nuggets, and the nick knacks, I like to pick up some rubs or sauce, and jerky.

I am not a big fan of the food, including sliced brisket sandwiches and the cold sandwiches.

The rub is good. I also like their hot sauce. Jerky bar is awesome, and the cheapest fuel around always gets my attention, with the cost of diesel these days. I think the last one I went to had a Loves across the street, that was literally .50 higher per gallon.

I find it fun, and I can't really say that about many other fuel stops. It makes me smile, and it's a conversation starter. That's a win in my book.

The plain brisket taco is the way to go at Buccees. The brisket at the Texas locations is actually decent. It is on par with what you would get at any average BBQ joint in Texas.

The jerky is okay. Way better at Prasek's, which is a better version of Bucees in my opinion. Way better smoked meats. Dried sausages and jerky are far better than Bucees. Only 2 locations, Katy and El Campo, TX.

I totally forgot when I was talking about how it finally allowed me to try Sucklebuster rubs. I wanted to try them for a long time, but nowhere around me carried them and well S&H...however I bought the honey bbq rub and the hog waller and both are outstanding.

........ Your armor is waaaaaay more likely to remain un-soiled from the Buc-ee's grub.

^^^^LMFAO

I love Bucee's and will hit it when I'm in Texas on business. On a side note, we've had a transplant up here in Hellinois called Wally's, which is almost a carbon copy of Bucee's

Road tripping through Texas on the way to Galveston to catch a cruise ship. Told the wife I'd try to keep it between the ditches if she'd keep her eyes peeled for a Buc-ees. "What's a buc-ees," she asked. "Only the greatest convenience store you've never heard of," I replied. Wasn't long before she spotted a billboard that said Buc-ees 282 miles. Diesel was cheap and restrooms were spotless. Left with only a small peanut pattie. On return trip home, stopped and got the best breakfast burrito I've ever had.

Fast forward a few years and road trip to San Antonio to visit wife's aunt. Stopped in Melissa, Texas at a brand new Buc-ees and got the most incredible sliced Brisket sandwich, no sauce. Smoke flavor was just right, tender and moist. Wife and MIL got pulled pork and were just meh about it. Stopped in New Braunfels for a bio break and top off fuel tank. Decided to get another sliced brisket sandwich and it was horrible. Night and day difference.

On the way home stopped in New Braunfels again to get breakfast burrito. Horrible. Stopped in Melissa to try to capture the lightning on the bottle of the first amazing brisket sandwich and it too was horrible. How does this happen? Two days difference?

Still a big fan of Buc-ees. Bought a nice straw cowboy hat made by Turner Hat company on the first trip that I'm sure no self respectin' Texan would be caught dead in and crawfish pot and burner kit made by Loco Cookers before they became popular on the next trip.

YMMV as they say.

Thanks,

Robert

I got a couple brisket tacos from Buc-ee’s this morning and thought they were pretty darn good. No sauce, just meat on tortilla. Fresh brisket on the board!

I drove by a Wally’s today and stopped in on my way back. Had the sliced brisket and liked it better than buc-ees

Unfortunately, depending the people running things at the time, you can get a totally different experience from one day to the next.

You can tell the people passionate about what they are making and those that are just earning a pay check.

Back