Pineapple Head Rub (new)

watg?

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
First things first, I know, no pictures, didn't happen, but you gotta believe me on this one. Last weekend I grilled up some fresh pineapple spears and shrimp dusted with the newest rub from Chris and the gang over at Dizzy Pig, 'Pineapple Head'. After removing the spears from the grill I chunked them into bite sized pieces and served on a platter with the grilled shrimp.They loved them. Had it tonight sprinkled on fresh grilled asparagus, another hit. Can't wait to try it in a few months on some grilled fresh summer peaches and tomatoes. Oh and next time, I will take some pictures, at least of the empty plate, its the least I can do!:-D

Thanks George! Not had much time to check out the Brethren action, but what a treat to come over and see talk about the new rub. Thanks very much for the kind words. I am totally blown away by the response I have been getting....but also very shocked people want to put it on their meat. Drbbq did some ham at the eggfest with Pineapple Head, and the flavor surprised me. I was thinking pineapple and fruit kabobs, but now people are talking chicken, pork, shrimp, meatballs, burgers, sweet taters, squash and more. To me it's just amazing how you can create something for one use, and once good cooks get ahold of it they find so much more that can be done with it. I'm really glad you're enjoying, and greatly appreciate you posting about it.

Cheers toya, and see you out on the trail!
Chris

I have used it a couple times and I have gone from like it to love it. People love the hidden kick the rub has and I can't wait to try it out on other, non-fruit items. Truly a great rub and may rival Raging River for my favorite DP rub.

I'm working my way through the Dizzy Pig sampler. I've used 5 of them, and after each try, my next order gets bigger. I'm lookin' forward to some grilled pineapple w/the Pineapple Head. Their customer service was top notch! John

Finally got my order in for Pineapple Head...can't wait! Also ordered Raging River Salmon Rub, it's amazing on grilled shrimp! The samples sent along with each order are enough to get a good taste of each one... and ditto on the customer service!!

I got some in Upper Marlboro this past weekend and just had to try it. used it on talipia, it was just fantastic. The wife used it on hre sweet potato and loved it so much I am afraid to run out. Like all the products, this one is GOOD STUFF!!!!!

Back