I Went Back To The Fancy Butcher

tom b

somebody shut me the fark up.
Hoping they might have a fancy ham but they were pre/special order, no luck but this caught my eye

F8iwWbDh.jpg

d4iJ7Vzh.jpg

I normally cook select tri tip for between 3-5 dollars per lb.

pretty crazy marbling so we'll see

going to roll with the performer, direct/indirect. Firing coals shortly

I love Tri Tip because I make chili from leftovers. That would be a pricey bowl of red.

Beautiful piece of Tri Tip

My financial adviser insists people should invest in experiences more than things. I have to agree.

Would love to have tasted that.

That looks great Tom, I cooked a Tri Tip with SPOGOS tonight, great minds think alike, but it was a lowly Choice Cut. :sad:

Still pretty good though, love SPOGOS on TT. :grin:

I'll have to see what my fancy butcher sells Wagyu Tri Tip for but if I remember correctly it's in the high $20's :shock:

This beautiful Japanese Wagyu Ribeye only goes for $129.99 a pound, I just want to know who buys that? :crazy:

9052779.JPG

That looks great Tom, I cooked a Tri Tip with SPOGOS tonight, great minds think alike, but it was a lowly Choice Cut. :sad:

Still pretty good though, love SPOGOS on TT. :grin:

I'll have to see what my fancy butcher sells Wagyu Tri Tip for but if I remember correctly it's in the high $20's :shock:

This beautiful Japanese Wagyu Ribeye only goes for $129.99 a pound, I just want to know who buys that? :crazy:

9052779.JPG

Holy crap $130/lb for Ribeye? !!! Im sorry but i would never beable to enjoy that knowing how much it costed. And it doesnt even look fresh. You can clearly see the meat turning grey.

Holy crap $130/lb for Ribeye? !!! Im sorry but i would never beable to enjoy that knowing how much it costed. And it doesnt even look fresh. You can clearly see the meat turning grey.
Not going to hijack Tom's thread but it's fresh or it wouldn't be for sale, especially for that price. The Butcher Shoppe ships meat all over America and they take pride in the quality of meat that they sell.

Not going to hijack Tom's thread but it's fresh or it wouldn't be for sale, especially for that price. The Butcher Shoppe ships meat all over America and they take pride in the quality of meat that they sell.

Not trying to derail either. Tom clearly agree's the cost is "crazy" And you can White Knight the butcher all you want, at that price every spec of that cut should be red and bright white.

I have to ask, are you being sarcastic? Seriously?

Looks delicious, Tom!
Must have been a good night for tri tip. That's what I cooked for supper too. :grin:

Not trying to derail either. Tom clearly agree's the cost is "crazy" And you can White Knight the butcher all you want, at that price every spec of that cut should be red and bright white.

I have to ask, are you being sarcastic? Seriously?

The meat is just oxidized so it won't affect the taste but man is that pricey.

Back