Butcher Paper Width

BruceB

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Getting ready to order some butcher paper, but I have one question. You guys and gals that use it, do you have the 18" wide or the 24" wide? Thanks!

24” - go big or go home. Same with foil, I’ve got a huge restaurant supply-sized roll of super heavy duty.

I bought a large roll in 2015. 18"
I don't wrap often, so I've still got roughly 50' left on this roll.

18 and you need 2 pieces for even small briskets. 24 minimum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for reminding me. I just ordered some pink butcher paper. 24" x 175'.

I like 18" because you can adjust it by over lapping to fit small 8 pound briskets up to about 16/17 pound briskets. You can overlap 24 but it becomes too "papery" on smaller briskets in my opinion.

I have both, but use 18" 90% of the time. Only when I have big 18~ pound briskets do I bring out the 24".

24" is my first choice, or get both if you got room to store it.

Screenshot of Dylan showing me how he wraps brisket. Uses 18" and overlaps and it's a clean wrap wrap that holds all the juice. That brisket looks like a swaddled baby.

15wi5j4.png

I use 18", cut about 4 ft, fold in 1/2, lift the top piece, slide the brisket back to the fold with 1/2 under and 1/2 on top, roll the sides and end, hold with clothes pins, single layer of paper, when its time to probe unpin and open, if it needs more time reroll and pin, haven't cooked a brisket too big to do this way

Back