• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cherry Tomato & Cheese Galette

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Chef John / foodwishes.com had posted this recipe on his YouTube channel a few days back. Since we had a good supply of cherry tomatoes from Mrs lunchman's garden, I just knew I had to make this.

The Goldens' was in use today grilling chicken breasts for a dish my wife was making so the Bubba Keg was put into action.

The dough, rolled out and waiting to be placed on the Lodge CI pizza pan. It then was put back into the fridge to keep cold while I prepped the other ingredients -

The cheese base. Chef John had used Goat Cheese, I used Farmer's Cheese, mixed with our garden Basil, Pepper and an Egg Yoik -

The cherry tomatoes, mixed with EVOO and Dijon Mustard -

The Galette with the cheese mixture, tomatoes layered over it, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and brushed with egg wash. All ready for the Keg -

Bubba, running along at a nice temp -

Checking in after about 15 minutes, it's looking good -

At around 30-35 minutes it's just about ready to come off -

A couple of pretty pictures. I did sprinkle some EVOO and Sea Salt over it before serving -

As Chef John warns in his video, it really does need to cool to room temp before slicing into it, but we were both eager and hungry to dig in -

Bottom crust turned out quite nice -

It more than met my expectations and was quite delicious! Along with looking pretty spectacular. If you have an abundance of cherry tomatoes, give this a try. The recipe is on the foodwishes.com website.

Thanks for reading through this post!

Regards,
-lunchman

Looking good Dom, might have to give that at try. The wife would love that.

Of course now I'm thinking: this is savory, what could I do with this that is sweet? First thing that comes to mind is a Cream Cheese w/ Walnut mix, topped with Blueberries mixed w/ my Blueberry Balsamic. My wife is coming up with similar ideas. Feel free to post other alternatives.

-Dom

The tone and cadence of Chef John just cracks me up! I do really enjoy his dishes.
Good.
Ed

Agreed. At first I thought it was somewhat annoying but I've come to enjoy his video style and recipes. My wife always thinks "Oh no, not another Chef John video. What is he (and are you) making now? " :shock: I've made a ton of his recipes, never been steered wrong once.

I make something similar with huckleberries and blueberries. Wouldn't have thought to use tomatoes! I have cherry tomatoes galore from the garden, Thanks so much for the post, Dom. Looks delicious! :-D

Chef John and Larry from the Wolfe Pit sound very similar on quite a few of their videos.

Both have very good videos, and it looks like you knocked that one out of the park...

Cheers.

Back