Does Bacon Everything bettter

PnkPanther

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It's a question for the ages and one being explored here by some brave backyard cooks

Lets start with onions. Foul root that on it's own, not good

Ecs2IE7m.jpg

Next up, some jalapenos. Always a good addition to nachos, burgers, etc. First lets put in some goat cheese and on one fig butter

t0KVMb9m.jpg

Still missing something...ok, that should do it

l9q8Hzum.jpg

This is thirsty work

9PxQfKZm.jpg

Our doxie has offered to trade her kibble for some bacon

OUjqvwpm.jpg

(forgot burger prep photos for the story, stick with me)

Jalapenos and onions aren't a meal, lets get a bun toasted

qvoznL2m.jpg

Prep bun with lettuce (look Ma, eating my veggies), bacon, and fig butter

GltE7IIm.jpg

Add burger patty stuffed with goat cheese

7uF4nZJm.jpg

And a cross section look

Rna8840m.jpg

Ok, lets get the negative out of the way. I overcooked onion rings and jalapeno poppers. I made rookie mistake of time over done when it's done. I've done both before, but this ended up obviously quicker than normal

-Jalapeno popper. Good flavor, but overcooked and soft peppers were disappointing, however, goat cheese and fig butter did work really well and will be doing good but properly cooked

-Onion rings. I mean, yeah, overcooked, but it was crispy bacon with a super soft onion in middle, I could've eaten a plate of these and called it a day. I think photo aspect was hurt more than flavor aspect

-The burger. I knew fig jam went well with goat cheese, trader joes was out so tried fig butter, never had combo on burger, but it was a winner and one I'll be doing again for sure. Sweetness of fig offset the rich goat cheese, saltiness of bacon, it all came together

Looks like you went all out on everything!

I'd kill all of that....except maybe the gin. Not a G fan.

Don't know how I missed this one.
Personally I'd rather have bacon a little overcooked than undercooked.
I love the goat cheese burger. Never had fig butter/jam/jelly/ or any other fig like concoction. I don't know how that fits in but if you said it's good then it probably is.

Back