• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Party [with] Wings in Okinawa!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have no idea what sort of wings I have here. They may party, or they could be milder mannered. I didn't bother to ask them.
They've already been cut to pieces, so I thought I'd give 'em a break. :caked:
Maybe they'll have a bone to pick with me.

Hit these with some Wicken Yanks Wings Rub and gave 'em a rest before time in the sauna.

2016-06-05%2016.49.21_zpsqitom9nk.jpg

2016-06-05%2016.49.34_zpsebeegzku.jpg

Momma wanted smoked buffalo wings... so these are in over hickory while I whip up some sauce: Texas Pete Buffalo, W-shire, Garlic Powder, Cumin. There's my secret sauce... it's out in the open.

Looks tasty mate, your cooking is better than your stand up though.
What brew washed themdown?

Are you crying "fowl!?" Sorry... my comedy's terrible, as I just tend to "wing it."

Right now, I'm sipping on a Jim Beam and ginger ale. It's high class, for sure.

Ooh wings. What heat and time did you apply?

I usually like to get upwards of 300-325F for a good 60 minutes or so. Unfortunately, I'm fighting with my cheap-arse LP smoker to get the temps up to 275F right now. So... I let that ride for a solid 90. Then, I make sure to crisp up the wings on the gasser for texture.

The kids got a little wild and crazy with their partying in the sauna. Look how tan they got!

2016-06-05%2018.02.58_zpsypnwiuwc.jpg

So, like any good parent... I gave 'em a good grilling when they came home.
- Good God... my cheap-arse LP grill is so close to giving up the ghost. Hold out until August, baby!

2016-06-05%2018.07.40_zpsnnzxq1jj.jpg

We had a couple of flare-ups, but they're kids. I understand it.

2016-06-05%2018.07.47_zpslspnmuef.jpg

Wow I think your jokes are actually cheaper than your smoker... if that's possible? :eusa_clap

still those wings look very nice indeed! I had a good helping of Jim yesterday also.

Wow I think your jokes are actually cheaper than your smoker... if that's possible? :eusa_clap

Two words: Tim Vine.
(I blame it on 4 years in Cambridgeshire and a lifetime with parents who appreciate puns)

OK, back to the bird.

These things really came out nicely. Is the skin exactly as I want it? No, but close. Miss holding 300-325 for a while.

2016-06-05%2018.32.57_zpszlef0egw.jpg

The pile of goodness on the left is my standard "Linda's Smoked Buffalo Wings."
The pair on the right is tossed in Jim's Own Sauce-Hot (Thanks, NCGrimbo!)... just to be a little wild and crazy.
The pyrex bowl in the middle? Yeah, that's blue cheese. Friends don't let friends dunk wings in ranch dressing. :p

Thanks for looking in. No matter how wild and crazy your chicken gets... party or not... enjoy the wings.

Those are some great looking wings, what ever kind they are. I don't know the difference either, all I know is I like drumstick chicken. I would love to be eating those now.
I'm a Frank's sauce guy though, better taste.

Hopefully your smoker can hold out till August.

I'm a Frank's sauce guy though, better taste.

Hopefully your smoker can hold out till August.

Thanks, COS. Appreciate it.

I've always been amused with the fact that Texas Pete is made in Winston-Salem, NC... but I really like it on my wings. I'm just THAT strange.

Yeah.. the smoker is doing pretty well, and my neighbor is in good shape to inherit it. The cheap-arse LP gas grill, on the other hand... and it'll be a miracle if it lasts through our move.

I missed my Saturday morning SD fix yesterday. These beautiful wings hooked me right up. Thanks my friend!

ETA I keep the big Texas Pete bottles on hand at all times. Good stuff for a great price.

Marc, I would be hitting those wings hard.

Cheers, Marty. You and Momma might have to go hand-to-hand over the bird. Since she just achieved her karate brown belt yesterday afternoon, I'm ready to put money on the table. :p

Looks great Marc! You're making lemonaide out of lemons making due with what you have to work with. I'd scarf those down!

Back