getting some Bresaola ready for Christmas..

GARNAAL

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
[SIZE=+1]A bunch of my Bresaola - Cured beef - in the dryer...

They went in the dryer 2 weeks ago, after curing for ~ 7 days with Salt, Sugar, Cure #2, Black pepper, Garlic powder, Rosemary and Thyme..[/SIZE]

HPIM4053r.JPG

[SIZE=+1]
I guess they will be dry enough to slice some up by Christmas - just a whiff of the peppermill on it and we have a good snack with a dry Tanqueray Martini![/SIZE]

HPIM1359_640x480.JPG

Wow, never heard of it but I would definitely put my share away! Looks really good.

wow looks and sounds great. what are you using for a dryer. is that an actual meat ager or a dehydrator?

Dang that looks good. Just did my first bresaola ala YOU. Thanks Mon:thumb:

I remember as a little girl watching my grandfather rolling and tying the braseola to put with his meatballs in the homemade pasta sauce to give it more flavor. Haven't found it here in PA. Have to ask my brother to bring it to me from a deli in Jersey City.

Awesome! I used to use a wine fridge to dry my meats too... until it kicked the bucket! A bit too hot and humid out here to do it in the open. I need to get it fixed!

Cheers

i thought you had to have a special cooler for doing thatr. one that contolled temp & humidity.

wait!! are those peg board hooks? I'm having problems trying to figure out if it's pure genius or sacrilegious.:confused:

wait!! are those peg board hooks? I'm having problems trying to figure out if it's pure genius or sacrilegious.:confused:

you're right - got them at my local hardware store and modified them a bit..

there's more than 1 way to skin a cat.. :becky:

before that I used some wooden dowels (with some screw-in metal hooks in them, every inch or so.. like these
2010927151815152.jpg

dowels cut to size to fit in the shelf guides.. :laugh:

nothing to do with genius - I'm just a cheap SOB !!

Back