poohba and my plans

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We are currently on the phone and both wish to attend the services, as well as make it to the cookoff in Columbia to raise a toast to our brother with the rest of our brethren as KC would expect.

Who in the Kansas City area can join us for dinner and/or drinks on Thursday evening?

Flights are arranged as well as hotel stays.

We will be arriving at 5p.m. on thursday to settle in. We are staying at the Holiday Inn in Olathe. Plans can erupt from there for Thursday evening.

We shall partake in the services for our brother Scott and proceed to the Columbia cookoff where we will spend as much time as possible as we have a 7:30 a.m. flight to catch on Saturday morning.

Greg and Phil: It will be so nice to meet you both. I wish it were under better sircumstances but believe me we will have a nice toast for E and that's the way he would have wanted it.

We will set out an extra lawn chair with an open beer in his honor.

Spicebag :cry:

Jay,

We definitly need to make sure that we are next to each other at the Bass Pro Contest.

Gary can you, if yo haven'tr already make sure we are? I will e-mail you tis as well to make sure you see it!

Everyone be safe in your travels!

Weather.com shows lows in the 60's and highs in the mid 80's with chance for rain on Saturday. Is this about what you MOFO's are hearing locally?

I know Mr. Kick. I can purchase my snivel gear right inside the doors at Bass Pro:lol: :grin: I may do that also.

Doesn't look bad George. 40% on Saturday. This is about the best forecast I've seen for ANY contest I've been at this year.

Thursday: mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds up to 5 mph.
Thursday Night: mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds up to 5 mph.
Friday: partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night: partly cloudy. Lows around 60.
Saturday: mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s.

Jorge said:
Weather.com shows lows in the 60's and highs in the mid 80's with chance for rain on Saturday. Is this about what you MOFO's are hearing locally?

I know Mr. Kick. I can purchase my snivel gear right inside the doors at Bass Pro:lol: :grin: I may do that also.
Shorts & a sweatshirt should do you fine for the morning. Tshirt for the afternoon.

jt said:
Shorts & a sweatshirt should do you fine for the morning. Tshirt for the afternoon.
He has tender thighs...:eek: better pack some sweat pants! Wouldn't want you to catch cold.........:cool:

I imagine most Columbia MOFOs are getting ready for the Bass Pro but if anyone else is planning on going to the service you're welcome to ride with me. Email or PM me before 4 pm tomorrow.

Driving up Friday morning.

Does anyone know or have an idea when everybody will be meeting up in Columbia? If there is a rough idea I'd like to know, cause I might drive up and toast one with you guys in rememberance. I wouldn't get there till about 6:30 - 7:00 pm though.

Phil and the gang should be in around 4-5PM Friday evening and as far as I know, are planning on cathcing some sleep (yea right) in one of our moter homes, then driving back to KC for their flights somewhere around 3:30AM Sat. morning...their planes leave somewhere around 7:30AM Sat.

Slat........get your butt up here!

Gary, we'll try not to hog Poobah, Greg, Jorge and Steve TOO long tomorrow. It'll be difficult though. I haven't met Jorge yet as his plane didn't get in til 10:30 but the three that Andy, Dustin and I met tonight are damned fine men I'm proud to call Brothers. You're in for a treat!

Well, I drove to Columbia, MO yesterday evening to pay tribute to our fallen brother. We observed a moment of silence for the entire comp., spoke a few words, burned some cherry, raised a toast and the band sang Simple Man by Skynard. It was a touching moment for all.
I enjoyed seeing the brothers that I have already met once again. I enjoyed meeting Phil, Greg, Jorge and Steve. I believe a good time was had by all.

I just got back from the hillsboro comp. I could not find a black bandana so i took one of my team shirts and drew a turtle on the arm and wrote fear the turtule above and bbq brethren belowe. then added KCquer in the turtle.:cry:

Solidkick said:
Phil and the gang should be in around 4-5PM Friday evening and as far as I know, are planning on cathcing some sleep (yea right) in one of our moter homes, then driving back to KC for their flights somewhere around 3:30AM Sat. morning...their planes leave somewhere around 7:30AM Sat.

Slat........get your butt up here!

I would have slept some, if it wasn't for all of those drunk farkers next to you singing some David Allen Coe:eek:

Back