Picking up 26" weber kettle for $50

We just got home with it. We had to dismantle the legs from the kettle to get it in the car. They came out fairly easy. It's in great shape. Propeller looks good and flush. Lid fits well. This thing is a beast lol. I have no idea how ot cook with it yet :)

I haven't BBQ / smoked much stuff in kettle before compared to WSM (I have the 18.5" WSM0. I smoked/bbq a turkey for thanksgiving a few times and it tasted great in the 22.5" kettle. Wouldn't the 26" do an evern better job since you can distance the meat further from the fire, being more indirect?

Great deal!!!! Now go buy a Vortex and get your Chicken Wings on. The 26" will fit 60-plus wing sections or 30 whole wings easily.

Thirty wings these days will cost more than you paid for the 26"!!!!

Yep! I've got 60 drums and flaps (30 whole wings) with the SnS. You'll probably fit more direct. On that note, you're going to LOVEEEE the 26 and $50 is a farkin' steal.

sPxd3w7h.jpg

The original owner said she posted it about 30 minutes before I replied. I was the first to say I wanted it. She had several others sending her messages about it after she already reserved it for me :) I tipped her an extra $5 . So gave her $55. she was happy. She's the original owner and siad she paid $300 for it. She told her husband she was gonna list it on facebook marketplace for $50 and he told her it wouldnt' sell. LOL.

Yep! I've got 60 drums and flaps (30 whole wings) with the SnS. You'll probably fit more direct. On that note, you're going to LOVEEEE the 26 and $50 is a farkin' steal.

sPxd3w7h.jpg

What charcoal basket are you using? Is that the slow & sear?

Last edited:
You should feel ashamed of yourself. You really ripped someone off on that deal. Great catch, my friend!!

Slow & Sear XL .. $150.. they are killin' me with that price :) I think the 22" one is like 70 or 80 dollars. I think $109 is fair price. I might just have to make my own basket

Slow & Sear XL .. $150.. they are killin' me with that price :) I think the 22" one is like 70 or 80 dollars. I think $109 is fair price. I might just have to make my own basket

You got it good withe the kettle score. Between the 26 kettle, the slow n sear xl and the snow n sear drip pan I spent $600. Literally 599 and change. No regrets at all and love the sns with the 26. You will love it. I use mine all the time.

Back