Greetings from the Low Country!

seangoggin

Name or Nickame
Sean
Hey Brethren, my name is Sean!

I got started smoking in 2010 when I first moved to Savannah. I was using the Snake Method in a Weber and cooking butts overnight to mixed results. In 2011 I got a job at Green Truck in Savannah and used that Psych degree for what it was intended, restaurant work. I got a second job at Sandfly BBQ at the Streamliner to fuel my passion for cue (and help pay the debt I'd racked up from getting married months before). After a few months I'd be offered the Manager position there and was able to cook full-time. what the owner lacked in bedside manner, he more than made up for with knowledge. As a classically trained chef he taught me how to cure and make my own sausage and offered a HELL of a lot of insight I wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. At that place I helped us get voted Best BBQ in Savannah for the first time and even got a cameo on Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations.

After my little girl was born I had an existential freakout and decided working 60+ hours a week couldn't be my life anymore and ended up at a 9-5 boring job...

A year later one of my friends from Sandfly got me a job that is... hard to define. Technically I'm working in an office but I'm also spearheading anything BBQ related that's going on the restaurants menu. Some days my view is a computer, some days it's this. The owner has enough faith to have gone out and purchased a Lang 108" Deluxe Chargrill for us to play with!

Glad to be here!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Truly one of my favorite cities!

Welcome! You'll glean a lot of information here! I sure have.

Truly one of my favorite cities!

Welcome! You'll glean a lot of information here! I sure have.
Thanks! It's definitely a beautiful city. I'm glad to be a part of the community. Hopefully I can trade catering tips for stick burner knowledge!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Sean, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome from SC, Sean. It's good to have you here on this great site. There are a lot of fine folks here who are always eager to share their recipes, ideas and tips. All you have to do is ask away and keep on reading.

Good luck and keep smoking. BTW, where did you come up with a way to pay off the debt from getting married?

Welcome from SC, Sean. It's good to have you here on this great site. There are a lot of fine folks here who are always eager to share their recipes, ideas and tips. All you have to do is ask away and keep on reading.

Good luck and keep smoking. BTW, where did you come up with a way to pay off the debt from getting married?
Who said it's been paid off!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Welcome from a fellow Savannahian! Sandfly at the streamliner is one of my favorites downtown. Always good food there. Where are you working now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welocme to the Forum, Sean!

You've landed in the right place.

Right up the road a piece in the Charleston area, here.

Back