• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

High Plains Stormy Wings w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Yesterday evening, until about 0300 this morning was a light show of sorts. The folks up around Hereford and Amarillo dealt with severe thunderstorms and tornadoes that formed just NE of our place. (SDAR - you folks fare OK!?)

I fought through the mess to get dinner on the table: Sunday Night Wings!

Thanks to a kind Brethren in E. NC, I had some Charlie Mills Eastern NC BBQ Sauce on hand. He likes to apply it throughout the cook, while I've experimented with it as a marinade.

Awdkig4h.jpg

CINCHOUSE asked for some Jamaican Jerk wings using the sauce she made a couple of weekends ago. I hit the bird with Wicken Yanks Wings Rub and they all joined the kettle and Vortex combo.

Here's the lot on the grill.

xUtATJbh.jpg

8nOtVTWh.jpg

Jerk on the Left / Charlie Mills on the Right.
A couple of slices of lime for the Jerk, and a little veg for good measure:

am7vByoh.jpg

The Charlie Mills experimental wings were excellent. I'm thinking of a 2-step process with a post-marinade rub next time... but I don't want to mess with the flavor too much. Maybe try others' inputs/ideas with the baking powder option for better crispy skin.

Y'all have a great week!

Side Note: The fellas did a great job with the AF vs. Navy Fly-over on Saturday.

d0SEf5Ah.jpg

NWOTD!

Stop it. I’m trying to get my wing cooking disease under control. Great looking stuff like this isn’t helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was hoping for some of your wings this coming weekend. Yhose look damn good. Nice cook, Marc.

Yessir!

How long did you marinate the Charlie Mills wings for? I'm wondering if marinating in some Shack Attack might be something to check out. As to the jerk wings - I'm probably late to the party, but I recently got turned on to Walkerswood, which was quite good, esp. when a little honey is added. You can't taste honey, but it does do something kinda nice - haven't put my finger on what it is yet.

Love yer wings in any form! :clap2:

How long did you marinate the Charlie Mills wings for? I'm wondering if marinating in some Shack Attack might be something to check out. As to the jerk wings - I'm probably late to the party, but I recently got turned on to Walkerswood, which was quite good, esp. when a little honey is added. You can't taste honey, but it does do something kinda nice - haven't put my finger on what it is yet.

Always a treat to hear from you, good sir.

Oh...I think I finally got the Charlie Mills in (about the same time as the rest of 'em, to be honest)... around noon-ish (vs. a 1700L cook).

The only thing I'm considering with the marinade on the wings is how long I want them to sit nekkid and dry-out in the fridge (which I have ZERO space for)... but a dry rub (in a ziptop bag), I can pull off.

I've never added to Walkerswood... but varied how much I use... - I like to go heavy-handed for flavor. I've had great results on chicken quarters, ribs, and wings. Hit 'em with lime after the cook/just before serving!

Love the Shack Attack idea. I'd love to take the wings "up the coast" into VA... and give that a shot!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Love those wings Will be around Buffalo this weekend The Hotel I am at is near the birth place of Buffalo Wings I am hoping to get there

Wings on a plate and wings in the air it don't get any better. Thanks for sharing Marc.

Marc, you are giving Marty some serious competition on the wing cooks.

I'm sure Marty and Greg could smoke me any day... though I don't remember seeing many of gtr's wing cooks, to be honest. :boink: :wacko: :tsk:

Big George - be sure to fire off a couple of snapshots of those, if you make it, brother. There's something special about going back to the origin. Safe travels.

Kind regards to you all.

I'm sure Marty and Greg could smoke me any day... though I don't remember seeing many of gtr's wing cooks, to be honest. :boink: :wacko: :tsk:

Big George - be sure to fire off a couple of snapshots of those, if you make it, brother. There's something special about going back to the origin. Safe travels.

Kind regards to you all.

like the lyric in the Sex Pistols song: "I'm a lazy sod..."

I'll say that your wing cooks are more varied and interesting than mine. 90% of the time for me it's Tony C's for the rub and Frank's cut with bacon grease for the sauce and often Naturiffic Hot Salt for a finish - again, lazy & kinda routine - but they do deliver!

Lately I've been feeling the need to mix it up some, largely due to what I see in your posts - there's a whole world of wings out there!

Back