Dry Brined Pork Loin

TRx

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Dry brined with Harvest Brine, wrapped for 3 days. Dusted lightly with Blacks Pork Rub them smoked for 2 hours at 180, 1 hour at 225 and pulled it when internal was 145. Let it rest 25 minutes. It was so tender and juicy! Topped it with Roasted Hatch Chili and Bacon (sweet to taste). A homemade loaf of bread to go with it.

52923-D38-2053-4364-BEBC-601-EF6-E3-C2-BD.jpg

D41-DDDE8-AF43-4395-A045-66-DBDB8-F33-DF.jpg

Slicing the cap criss-cross is always a nice touch for some nibbles of crispy deliciousness. Well done, pork loin is so underestimated

Excellent pork work.
But I'd like to know more about that sauce you have there.

Nice loin roast. I always fear that it would come out dry so I have not done it on the OKJH that way. I do make Canadian bacon in the smoker though. Did you inject before smoking?

Nice loin roast. I always fear that it would come out dry so I have not done it on the OKJH that way. I do make Canadian bacon in the smoker though. Did you inject before smoking?

No injection. It was moist and tender and for lack of a better description "consistent" throughout. I think the dry-brining did some sort of magic that I don't quite understand. It was fully cooked, no pink, yet still very moist.

I love the tenderloins, have yet to find a whole loin around here. That looks good, I'll have to remember the cross hatching.

Back