Brisket lunch

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I visited Franklin Barbecue last month and was blown away how good the brisket was. It was my first visit to Franklin and very educational experience. So last night, I set out to recreate that Texas brisket. I had $1.99 /lb USDA Choice Kroger brisket sitting in the fridge ready to go. Seasoned the brisket with salt and pepper and placed the brisket in my Copperhead 5 pellet smoker at 225 F before I went to bed. Got up this morning at 7 am and wrapped the brisket in foil and cooked it til the flat hit 205 F.

Had nice smoked brisket for lunch today. The brisket wasn't juicy like Franklin but the taste was 99% Franklin. The salt and pepper seasoning was on point and just like Franklin. I now have lot of leftover brisket for fried rice, tacos, nachos, and chili.

N5mHdK5h.jpg

5HjO5nVh.jpg

ggOyohwh.jpg

Best lookin' brisket I've seen in awhile. Looks delicious!!

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
I'm probably not too far from you and my phone didn't ring....just sayin'.
From the carved pic, it looks pretty moist to me. It will give you plenty of leftover goodness. Nicely done!

• Thanks
Best lookin' brisket I've seen in awhile. Looks delicious!!

Thanks jeanie! You're too kind. I really enjoyed the brisket. I'm not a huge smoked brisket fan, but I developed new appreciation for brisket after my Franklin visit.

I'm probably not too far from you and my phone didn't ring....just sayin'.
From the carved pic, it looks pretty moist to me. It will give you plenty of leftover goodness. Nicely done!

Ron, if you're in Johns Creek, we're like next door neighbors. I'm in Roswell.

The brisket looks good to me.I really like those Corelle plates.I have the same pattern.

• Thanks
The brisket looks good to me.I really like those Corelle plates.I have the same pattern.

Thanks Hoss! I really like the plates too. I don't know who gave it to us but we use it all the time. It's light, tough, and microwaveable. Can't ask for anything more.

Nicely done! Looks great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Thanks
Ron, if you're in Johns Creek, we're like next door neighbors. I'm in Roswell.[/QUOTE]

Then yes, we are neighbors. I live off of Haynes Bridge near the intersection of Old Alabama.

• Thanks
Then yes, we are neighbors. I live off of Haynes Bridge near the intersection of Old Alabama.

Yes, I'm familiar with that area. You're super close to me. You're probably like 6 miles from me. I live within walking distance to Historic Roswell near the restaurants and shops.

Back