Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Creation (pron)

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Let's face it. I love smoked pork tenderloin...like more than a friend. The meat market 0.6 miles from my house sells a great PT at a great price. It's hard to leave work and not snag one on the way home.

Decided to try something different last night for myself and the lady. Like most of us out there, my mind tends to wander while going through the monotony of work; typically to places like how my Strat would sound with a just little more delay when I play "All Along the Watchtower" or if it's possible to learn the entirety of "Jessica" by the Allman Bros and whether or not I'll someday play it for a sold out crowd of more than 10 crazed fans.

Yesterday however, I decided to let my brain go to a smokey pork sandwich place; similar to what I imagine heaven to be like. I injected the PT with a little Mojo, rubbed down with salt and pepper and smoked it until 145 internal temp. My new iGrill (the old one went the way of Old Yeller after 3 cooks, they sent me a new one, hearts of gold over there at iDevices) worked like a boss, so I had time to slice up the tomatoes I got from my organic vegetable co-op, a few avocados, some smoked gouda and a compound dressing I made from a garlic-artichoke cream, pesto and standard mayo. I used regular sourdough, but threw it on the BGE XL with the pork for 10 minutes to get it warm and toasty before putting everything together. The final result fulfilled my day dreams; I'm just glad the Brethren is here to share in my adventure.

Last edited:
Avocado, cheese, tomatoes and pork tenderloin? i am going to have to try that!

thai, that looks really good. I am going to try that combination this weekend. It sure looks good!

Yum! Please sign me up for the next batch... Love your writing style too. :clap:

Very interesting sammy but what exactly is Mojo?

Back