Hello, from Los Angeles

Gizmodo

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I recently had an old imperial kamado basically fall into my lap, oof. I had to look it up to see what it even was, but after doing some research I've decided to try and fix it up. I found this forum after some searching and saw that there were some restoration projects and thought to come here and look for advice. Can't wait to get it up and running and start grilling and smoking out on the patio. You seem like a friendly and helpful lot and I look forward to talking with everyone.

Welcome, neighbor! There's quite a few excellent Kamado restoration threads here that I'm sure will get you on your way:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2934036

Besides that, you'll find an incredibly helpful community of enthusiasts who are happy to answer questions you may have, as well as great recipes and techniques to explore, and much more.

Hang around a while!

Welcome to the forum Gizmodo, glad to have you join us and take part in the other forums here. .

I hope to see you in the "Q-Talk" forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

We have many other different forums here...
For those who are interested in competing, We have a "Competition" talk forum.

We also have a "Catering, Food Handling and Awareness" and "Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses". We also have a trading forum where members can trade sauces and rubs from different areas around our country.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Congratulations on the new Kamado! Also, welcome to the Brethren!

Congratulations on your find and welcome to this forum!
Im a Kamado owner as well. I have been using mine for smoking for a few years now. I love it.

IMG_1181_zpsbc4d0dd4.jpg

Back