Favorite BBQ cooking Temp.... Poll

What is the Best BBQ Temp.?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I know this has been done a Few Times but I couldn't find the Old Polls and there's New Folks since those Polls were Done.......
I think 275* is The Best BBQ Temp for the Best Results (not counting crisping chicken skin) although I Cook/Smoke/BBQ at 300-325* usually cuz it's easier with my Smokers/Cookers cuz I'm Too lazy to cut down my wood for my stick burners and my charcoal smokers suck air and run right past 275*. :loco:

Isn't that something that would vary greatly, depending on what you are cooking, and the cooker itself? It's like asking what is your favorite beer. They are all good, at some point or another.

Isn't that something that would vary greatly, depending on what you are cooking, and the cooker itself? It's like asking what is your favorite beer. They are all good, at some point or another.

Yes.
For me the Cooker but not what I'm cooking - besides chicken/turkey skin (which I don't Eat , it just holds the Rub on) 275* IMHO is Best for Ribs, Butts, Brisket, Meatloaf, Chicken, Turkey, -anything Smoked.

Last edited:

For me, poultry, and pork, hot and fast beef is low and slow.

most of my pork is done at 275 indicated, but i have not calibrated to see what that actually is.

Too many variables,depending on what I am cooking.225-700f depending on the protein I am cooking.

Beef I shoot for 275. Pork closer to 300 and poultry 325. This seems to be where my cookers are happiest offset is easy to run 275-300 and charcoal cooker hums right along at 325

Larry

300 is where I cook brisket and butts. 250 for ribs and chicken. Temp depends on the cooker and not the meat imo. Typically 300 is perfect. I get a nice efficient burn. Good thin blue smoke is easy at 300. Faster cook time. Its slow enough to render fat but fast enough I can sleep in.

Would 300 be hot and fast? 350 is hot and fast imo but 300 is not low and slow at all. So what is 300? I don't know but it produces good bbq. A nice cross between low and slow and hot and fast. Lukewarm bbq? :)

My Klose likes 275 all day and it really doesn’t like to run at lower temps without excessive swings. If I need a different temp I’ll use the pellet cooker.

275 or where ever the WSM decides to settle with 2 bottom vents closed and the third a quarter open. Smoke is set for a top end alarm of 350 bottom 225.

Back