MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
worf
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Second Cook on EGG

Well, the ribs did not happen as am waiting for a platesetter to arrive. Ended up being burgers. Wow, can't beleive the taste. Had 15 people for supper, and they all could not stop talking about how good it tasted. Here are some of the pics that I took.

Still waiting for the nest to come. Will be here next week.

Me taking a peek ...

Waiting for the smoke to clear ..

The finished product ... Just about to take it off

Really can't see why I would use the propane grill ever again. Wife is not happy, since we just spend a lot of cash for that one a few months ago. May have to use it now and again, just for appearances.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
MilitantSquatter

Looks great...

That's quite a bit of smoke... What temp were you grilling at ?

PS Just be very careful having it on the wood deck and next to your house !!! Fire extinguisher nearby is probably a good idea
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
worf
Knows what a fatty is.

Was running at about 350-400 for the whole time. Is this much smoke not normal for that temp? Just asking as I am still learning.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
FatDaddy
is One Chatty Farker

I was runnin bout 600* the other night grillin steaks. I burped it, then opened it like u did there. I lost all the hair on my left arm, and it was pretty tender for a few days. just a little FYI for ya.... Burgers look great. We are givin my inlaws our gas grill and side cart to take to their cabin in Colorado. Givin my buddy my Drum and might sell the kettle. I love my egg lol.

Home made 5' reverse flow smoker
Lg BGE
WSM 18.5
WSM 22.5
Weber Kettle 22 1/2" silver series
Weber Copper Smokey Joe Gold 14.5"
GPS trackable RED super fast thermopen

http://www.facebook.com/jtempleton2

FatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
worf
Knows what a fatty is.

I have been looking around. Apparently the amount of smoke is normal when doing burgers on the Egg.

I have my nest coming next week, and then will be able to get it away from the wooden deck. Will also be able to move it around easier.

Thanks very much for the input