Country Style Ribs

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Never have cooked Pork Country Style Ribs before. Anyone have some tips on how long they need to smoke to be done?

I cook mine semi indirect. Get nice grill marks. Cook to about 150 internal temp. They are thick sliced pork butt. I like a good glaze ,of your choice ,applied about 10 min before being done.

I tried smoking them once and they turned out good but I prefer grilling just like a steak. Country style ribs are one of my favorites.

Never have cooked Pork Country Style Ribs before. Anyone have some tips on how long they need to smoke to be done?

My first attempt at country style ribs did not turn out well.

I learned to go easy with the rubs as the size is much smaller than a roast and a heavy coating of rub is overpowering. The meat is also more dense without internal marbling and has the texture of a pork chop or loin roast. Slightly overcooked and the meat becomes dry.

I actually cook country style ribs all the time. They are one of my wife's favorites. I smoke them using charcoal and only add chunks of cherry or apple for the first 30 minutes. After that is just low and slow for about 5-6 hours.
Another way I cook them is to use the grill. When they are nearly done, I brush them with World Harbors Jamaican Jerk then sprinkle on a good coating of creole seasoning. It adds a great flavor with a bit of zip.

They are my go-to cut for shredding to add to Keri C's hog apple beans.

I smoke them indirect until they are tender. Sometimes I foil them at the end to speed up the process.

I do them on my BGE, cook them at 250 for about 4 hours depending on the thickness. I flip them at the halftime and when they hit about 180-190 internal temp.
They are just boston butts sliced into steaks.
I have been doing them for several years, our favorite pork steaks for sure. I like to glaze mine w/my favorite bbq sauce 2 times about half hour before I pull and rest them for abt 5 minutes before we partake.

We like them. We cook them for about 3 hours at 275. Just mustard them, then rub (we use Oakridge Secret Weapon) and smoke 'em. They don't need any sauce.

Back