Garlic Bombs! :)

Smoked&Baked

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Smoked&Baked
Gigantic Texas Twinkies with a healthy dose of garlic in the center of it all.

I'm disabled so these took me several days of hard work but boy were they worth it, they taste great.

Here's what I made:

Luro4qDl.jpg

And here's how I made them:

First I made a brisket:

Rnd3Zzil.jpg

qBqQtbel.jpg

Though I've smoked a lot with it already this was my first brisket on my new Weber Summit Kamado. It came out nice enough that I felt bad chopping up 4 cups worth of it.

0bCXCfPl.jpg

Then I smoked me some cream cheese, I used the rub NA11 my wife picked up at costco.

MAaJc2cl.jpg

01oNjOTl.jpg

Then I sat on the old picnic table I made when my legs still worked lol and peeled me 12 full heads of garlic (We make a lot of garlic bread and pizzas). All the little skins get everywhere so I find it easier to do it outside and the mower cleans it :)

ga4Z00Kl.jpg

Then I put em in a cast iron and olive oil over that
ddnFMNYl.jpg

Then I roasted them at 375 for about 75 minutes, seperated the oil, and mashed them:
TJKzlhLl.jpg

Then I got 27 of the biggest Jalapeños I could find (I sorted through two bins lol) and cut T's in them with my old pocket knife, cause I'm fancy like that
LUueEC2l.jpg

Then I figured if I used 4 blocks of cream cheese, 4 cups of chopped brisket, and 4 scoops of garlic from an actual teaspoon that should fill the peppers. I put it all in a big bowl and mushed it all up with my hands while adding back the previously seperated oil until it was all mixed together and a consistency that I thought would work to stuff them full.

mlh0qT5l.jpg

I had lots of extra, but I think three would have been too close for comfort.
phBxHUWl.jpg

The extra is going to make incredible sandwiches.

Then I wrapped them in bacon. All but one pepper was so large that they needed three slices of bacon to cover them.

I put more of the rub NA11 on it.

Then I smoked them
Kkxx6CBl.jpg

6M0VNaIl.jpg

And I got someone else to carry them into the house :)
chCaxigl.jpg

I asked my wife to take a picture of her dinner tonight and that's this one:
Luro4qDl.jpg

I'm gonna enter it in the garlic contest if I do it right.

I'm having guests this weekend and as usual will host in my gazebo. I'll be making ribs but when the guests arrive I'll have these warming on the Santa Maria grill. The grill will be up high and I'll have a flames below and this will be both hor d'oeuvres and ambiance all in one.

While the garlic certainly comes through you can still get the rub, the Hickory (I used Hickory chunks consistently for everything smoked in this), and a little jalapeño. Yumminess

Thanks for reading :)

That would take me several days and im not disabled, well, not yet, i have degenerative disc disease, and a few bulged discs, but i can get around on a good day after a steroid injection.

Sadly a lot of this thread got lost in the transition to the new forum, and in one of the reply's I got to share one of my favorite pics. I hope no one mind me reposting it now. I can no longer garden and grow these so this was one of the last years I did:

IwatyJml.jpg

Gigantic Texas Twinkies with a healthy dose of garlic in the center of it all.

I'm disabled so these took me several days of hard work but boy were they worth it, they taste great.

Here's what I made:

Luro4qDl.jpg

And here's how I made them:

First I made a brisket:

Rnd3Zzil.jpg

qBqQtbel.jpg

Though I've smoked a lot with it already this was my first brisket on my new Weber Summit Kamado. It came out nice enough that I felt bad chopping up 4 cups worth of it.

0bCXCfPl.jpg

Then I smoked me some cream cheese, I used the rub NA11 my wife picked up at costco.

MAaJc2cl.jpg

01oNjOTl.jpg

Then I sat on the old picnic table I made when my legs still worked lol and peeled me 12 full heads of garlic (We make a lot of garlic bread and pizzas). All the little skins get everywhere so I find it easier to do it outside and the mower cleans it :)

ga4Z00Kl.jpg

Then I put em in a cast iron and olive oil over that
ddnFMNYl.jpg

Then I roasted them at 375 for about 75 minutes, seperated the oil, and mashed them:
TJKzlhLl.jpg

Then I got 27 of the biggest Jalapeños I could find (I sorted through two bins lol) and cut T's in them with my old pocket knife, cause I'm fancy like that
LUueEC2l.jpg

Then I figured if I used 4 blocks of cream cheese, 4 cups of chopped brisket, and 4 scoops of garlic from an actual teaspoon that should fill the peppers. I put it all in a big bowl and mushed it all up with my hands while adding back the previously seperated oil until it was all mixed together and a consistency that I thought would work to stuff them full.

mlh0qT5l.jpg

I had lots of extra, but I think three would have been too close for comfort.
phBxHUWl.jpg

The extra is going to make incredible sandwiches.

Then I wrapped them in bacon. All but one pepper was so large that they needed three slices of bacon to cover them.

I put more of the rub NA11 on it.

Then I smoked them
Kkxx6CBl.jpg

6M0VNaIl.jpg

And I got someone else to carry them into the house :)
chCaxigl.jpg

I asked my wife to take a picture of her dinner tonight and that's this one:
Luro4qDl.jpg

I'm gonna enter it in the garlic contest if I do it right.

I'm having guests this weekend and as usual will host in my gazebo. I'll be making ribs but when the guests arrive I'll have these warming on the Santa Maria grill. The grill will be up high and I'll have a flames below and this will be both hor d'oeuvres and ambiance all in one.

While the garlic certainly comes through you can still get the rub, the Hickory (I used Hickory chunks consistently for everything smoked in this), and a little jalapeño. Yumminess

Thanks for reading :)
That is as "old school" from scratch as it gets. I bet it was awesome!!

Back