5am Grease Fire in FEC

trohrs123

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
had grease fire at 5 am today... thank God for my WSM!! Burnt gasket on FEC and electronics wont turn on...no light ...nothing
Can this be fixed??
thanks
happy thanksgiving!!

had grease fire at 5 am today... thank God for my WSM!! Burnt gasket on FEC and electronics wont turn on...no light ...nothing
Can this be fixed??
thanks
happy thanksgiving!!

It sure can be fixed , build a fire box underneath and pick up some charcoal and you will be better than new:becky:

Can this be fixed??
thanks
happy thanksgiving!!

had two in mine, when we had it, there is a reset switch, I'll look for info on resetting, I have not need it in awhile

found it,

If you noticed the switch unit inside the pellet hopper, this is a safety switch to keep the auger from moving while you have your hand in there. What you need is a philips screwdriver and staring at the side of the hopper, you will note the 4 small sheet metal screws. When you remove those, the panel slides right out and you will see the guts of the machine. Note, you will have a small relay switch to your mid way right side. 2 wires will hang off the backside of the switch. If you reach your hand in front of it ( towards the innards of the actual control panel ) you will feel or even see this green reset switch.

I had to reset mine a couple of years ago. Here is a picture of where the reset switch is located on mine...

IMG_4603.jpg

Can this be fixed??
thanks
happy thanksgiving!!

There's a funny cartoon in there somewhere...I can see it! :twisted: Sorry to make light of your troubles...hope you can get it straightened out post haste!

Can this be fixed??
thanks
happy thanksgiving!!

Oh, my goodness! Hope no one was hurt, and that you're ok. Definitely something to be thankful for today. I'll say a prayer things get better for you. :pray:

Thanks for all the support and answers about the FEC...used my 22.5 inch WSM to get the 2 hams and 1turkey to the dinner table on time...no injuries and no damage other than ,Mentioned above...:clap2:

Well, praise God for that! Hope ya'll still had a great Thanksgiving day! :wink:

Theyre built like a tank, so you will be able to fix it.

Normally the first will affect just the insides. Sometimes that means the ignitor get's fried and sometimes the temp probe. Gasked can be replaced.

What were you cooking?

Most (not all) of the fires I've ever heard of were smokers that had a build up of grease, or not level and cooking at a hotter temp.

ANY time you're cooking, say 300 or so, maybe sure you've cleand the bottom and the grease trap is holding unlevel.

Theyre built like a tank, so you will be able to fix it.

Normally the first will affect just the insides. Sometimes that means the ignitor get's fried and sometimes the temp probe. Gasked can be replaced.

What were you cooking?

Most (not all) of the fires I've ever heard of were smokers that had a build up of grease, or not level and cooking at a hotter temp.

ANY time you're cooking, say 300 or so, maybe sure you've cleand the bottom and the grease trap is holding unlevel.

After only 2 hours sleep, poor decision making was the culprit...took the grates inside to wash, as the outside water has been turned off for the winter...figured i would fire it up, scrub grates and get food in...after scrubbing the grates came out to see fire shooting out the side exhaust like the batmobile...opened door and the grease drain was on fire...hoping the temp probe wasn't fried...will try the reset button when i get home from work today and pray for the best

for $4k there better be a reset switch. Why the grease fire? That surely doesnt sound like peace of mind or sleep!

for $4k there better be a reset switch. Why the grease fire? That surely doesnt sound like peace of mind or sleep!

He indicated the grease tray was on fire.

The key is to keep it clean. IF you first it HOT and leave any ready grease it could end up catching fire.

Most (if not all) fires I've seen have been from grease collecting somewhere or really dirty FEC's.

Back