Quit my job, time to open up a BBQ Restaurant!

PC Smoker

Got Wood.
Reaction score
So it finally came time to hand in my notice at work to prepare for a long (and hopefully prosperous) journey to open a Smokehouse in my home city of Wilmington, NC. I currently am a GM of a "famous" Southern Fried Chicken QSR and am (mostly) prepared for this trip. After binge reading through another post on here about another brethren's journey, I've decided to share mine.

The lease has been agreed to by both parties and now we are signing the documents next week! Food distributors have been lined up, smokers are about to be ordered, and now preparing for the start of everything else! I'm excited, nervous, and anxious but in my heart I know this is what I want to do.

Cape Fear Smokehouse- Coming October 2019!

Wow! I hope to be in Wilmington next year. What is your timeframe? I'd be glad to come contribute to a good start.

Curious as to how long it takes to get equipment in.

You are a braver man than I! Best wishes on a long and prosperous journey!

Wow, that's really exciting for you, congratulations!!! I look forward to following your journey! What kind of smokers did you settle on?

Wow! I hope to be in Wilmington next year. What is your timeframe? I'd be glad to come contribute to a good start.

Curious as to how long it takes to get equipment in.

My lease will start June 1st. I negotiated a 4 month rent-free build period, so I am praying I open by October 1st! Equipment shouldn't take too long, buying most of it from a local seller. The smokers are going to take about 6 weeks from order to delivery!

What smokers will you choose? I would suggest the Pit Boss Copperhead. It has plenty of room. That was a joke. Good luck.

Wow, that's really exciting for you, congratulations!!! I look forward to following your journey! What kind of smokers did you settle on?

I settled on the Ole Hickory CTO. Ordering 2 of them for different cook temps depending on what we're smoking! Also figured it was good to have a back up just in case! I LOVE the CTO, used it at a prior job. Reliable, holds a LOT of product, and the convection feature is great.

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

How exciting! Very much looking forward to watching this unfold :)

Wish You The Best Of Luck. Keep Us Posted On The Process To Opening Day.

You're a crazy farker! Good luck! Nice to have the 4 month cushion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wishing you good fortune, good luck, success and happiness. Seems you are coming from a restaurant background so you likely have a good grasp of the business side of things. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.

What style BBQ will you serve? Strictly Carolina (eastern,western, both?) or something else? What style is popular in Wilmington?

I'm wishing ya the very best!!! Looking forward ta yer updates! What yer doing takes a lot of guts.

-D

I wish you the best of luck. I will definitely stay tuned. How many seats are you planning on having? Stay true to the quality of your product.

Back