Memorial Day Triple Chili Cheese Burger

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Our Memorial Day weekend ended in style with Triple Chili Cheese Burgers.

Started out making a batch of John Setzler’s hotdog chili.

Seasoned a pound of hamburger with:
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup grated Jack cheese
1 tbsp. of Steak seasoning
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper

Formed 3 ea. 1/3 lb. patties and reverse seared them.

Toasted the buns and assembled the burgers.

Plated shots with a Rouge Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale. Burger layers are as follows: Mayo, lettuce, Hatch chilies (That’s 1), red onion, 1/3 lb. burger patty, jalapeño pepper jack (That’s 2), chili (That’s 3) and tomato.

Very messy but very tasty. :becky:

Hell yeah, man! Great looking burger!!!

What is the purpose of the slits in the patties? Additional "keep em' thin" measure in addition to the dimple?

I have theory the Sloppier a burger is to eat the better it is, thta looks like a 1/2 roll of paper towels and a Garden hose shower finish:thumb:

Hell yeah, man! Great looking burger!!!

What is the purpose of the slits in the patties? Additional "keep em' thin" measure in addition to the dimple?
Thanks peeps. The slits are just the results of the cheap ($1.97) hamburger press I bought. I'll be buying a better one soon.

Yes I should've made the patty's thinner. I was hoping these bigger ones wouldn't shink so much and I heard the dimple would help but it didn't. Still it was delicious but very messy.

Last edited:
I went pretty deep and large diameter with my dimple on the burgers I made yesterday and it seemed to help them from plumping up big time compared to no dimple/small dimple. Still experimenting here...

I have theory the Sloppier a burger is to eat the better it is, thta looks like a 1/2 roll of paper towels and a Garden hose shower finish:thumb:
Thanks Bludawg. Amazingly I was able to eat it with unlocking my jaw and only 3 napkins. (And then had to wash in the sink)

Back