Anyone here ?

no experience but it looks like fun and seems to touch all the bases

That's an expensive thing I wouldn't use for more than pizza. I'll be honest I was trying to convince the wife to do the Solo Stove Pi but price/frequency of use and location were not aligned ..

That's an expensive thing I wouldn't use for more than pizza. I'll be honest I was trying to convince the wife to do the Solo Stove Pi but price/frequency of use and location were not aligned ..

Looking at that one too, and the ooni… My problem with this one is the size, but wanted some Brethren feedback if any…

Having cooked a few pizzas here and there, my initial impressions:

Pros:

Can fit a 16 inch pizza, a huge plus
Multi-fuel
Smart design

Cons:

Cost is way higher than comparable Ooni models
First generation units typically suffer from bugs that need time to work out

If you are thinking about a standalone unit like this only for pizza, I would add that if your home oven heats to 550 degrees, with a baking steel you can cook amazing pizza.

I knew you cooked at least one pizza in your day Richard and I appreciate your input.

The kitchen oven gets there and I’m sure it would werk (don’t tell Mrs. 4ever3) but where’s the fun in that? Our local Ace carrie's Ooni and they have a Karu multi fuel in stock, it looks nice and could be put away when not in use…

I knew you cooked at least one pizza in your day Richard and I appreciate your input.

The kitchen oven gets there and I’m sure it would werk (don’t tell Mrs. 4ever3) but where’s the fun in that? Our local Ace carrie's Ooni and they have a Karu multi fuel in stock, it looks nice and could be put away when not in use…

Jeremy,

My suggestion about the oven was based on the simple idea that you could save money, and still make great pizza. That said, something magical happens to pizza dough when an oven and stone exceed 575 degrees, something few if any, home ovens can do.

I typically cook my pies between 625-675 degrees stone temp depending on what kind of pizza I'm making. Also, I would definitely look at the larger models, so you're not stuck in the 12 inch and under pizza size.

Given your recent foray into breadmaking, a good pizza oven might be a great next step for you!

Thanks for the feedback Sako!

Check out the Pizza Making Forum. They have a going thread dedicated to this oven.

Check out the Pizza Making Forum. They have a going thread dedicated to this oven.

And, a bunch of HUGE threads dedicated to different styles of pizza: NY, Neapolitan, American, Chicago, etc etc. as well as some great beginner resources. The level of pizzamaking going on there is staggering - a great place to learn! True pizza brethren.

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php

Last edited:
I’ve researched the Gozney Dome a little and some of the initial feedback from new owners is concerning. Many of the Domes are arriving with broken deck stones or cracking on first heat, to the point that Gozney has accepted it is not a shipping issue and is replacing the stones at their cost. I really want to like it but want to wait for a version 2 and when are all the accessories going to be available that make this oven more versatile then just a pizza oven?

I’m strongly considering the Halo Versa oven as an entry into pizza cooking but there is something very appealing about the Dome. Good luck and want to see you make bread in one of these!!

I received mine in February. Fortunately have not experienced any of the issues stated above. I’ve used both gas and wood and everyone seems to like the food and overall experience.

The main negative compared to my previously owned ooni and BS oven is the heat up time is longer, around 30-40mins.

I received mine in February. Fortunately have not experienced any of the issues stated above. I’ve used both gas and wood and everyone seems to like the food and overall experience.

The main negative compared to my previously owned ooni and BS oven is the heat up time is longer, around 30-40mins.

Thanks for the feedback!

Post some pics of your cooks sometime if you don’t mind.

That is a really fancy looking rig! It looks pretty cool so thanks for sharing. One of these days I need to get a brick oven to increase the fun of my bread addiction. I have to say addiction because I tried to quit recently to help with weight loss and I couldn't throw out my sourdough starter to do it...I have to make bread!!!

Back