New Humphrey's Pint - with pics

11earl

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi,

Picked up this cobalt blue and gun metal grey Humphrey's Pint from Nicole and crew at their Maine HQ. Great place - those of you who have been there know what I'm talkin' about :wink:

The only options I added are: The accessories/sauces shelf on the side and the shelf to protect the firebox door from drips. I think I'll most likely add another stainless shelf and be all set.

The construction seems extremely heavy duty and first rate. So far I've seasoned it and done three smokes, all without any type of temp controller as I'd like to first learn how to control it's natural airflow.

Initially I was having difficulty getting it up to temp. Nicole suggested I start heating the smoker without the diverter and/or full water pan, which was a game-changer for sure. For my most recent cook I waited to add the diverter and water pan until the temp hit 200 degrees. I kept the water pan empty, as well. Temps were great, but I will add sand or water next time to help maintain temps when I open the cook door.

For fuel I've experimented with B&B char logs, B&B briquets, and RO Lump. The char logs seemed to have a hard time staying lit - probably more my error than anything. The briquets performed great, and I was disappointed with the RO lump; tons of tiny chips and dust, so I'm off that fuel for now. Next I'll try the RO briquets, which I've had pretty good luck with.

Here are couple pics and link to additional pics and video. Happy to answer any questions :).

PS: Simply cannot seem to upload pics correctly oriented - they keep flipping on their side. Sorry!

Attachments

• IMG_4202.jpg
    IMG_4202.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_4228.jpg
    IMG_4228.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4203.jpg
    IMG_4203.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 283
Fantastic looking smoker! Had a pint a few years ago and loved it. Should have never sold it.

I also had a hard time heating it up at first. I started giving it more time to heat up and you can also use a weed burner on the cooking chamber inside to warm the metal up. I found that all the heavy duty metal takes a while to heat up and cool down.

Great smoker all around though. Enjoy!

Congrats!!

Nothing like a new toy. :thumb:

Congratulations!

I have a Weekender that I got for an insane price and my only disappointment with it is that I can't use the firebox drip shelf because they don't work with that series.

Fantastic looking smoker! Had a pint a few years ago and loved it. Should have never sold it.

I also had a hard time heating it up at first. I started giving it more time to heat up and you can also use a weed burner on the cooking chamber inside to warm the metal up. I found that all the heavy duty metal takes a while to heat up and cool down.

Great smoker all around though. Enjoy!

Hey that's a great suggestion re: pre-heating the cook chamber - thanks:thumb:.

That sure is a sweet piece of kit.

I look forward to more adventures in Pint (and Quarts)!

It's a wonderful smoker. Yes, it takes a while to warm up but what's another hour on a ten hour cook? As far as durability, mine fell off a truck (long painful story) but it had little more than superficial damage.

Great looking smoker! I am liking the design of the IVS's. Looking forward to seeing your cooks!

Nice smoker.
You can also crack the firebox door a bit during warm up to get a little more air on the fire.

Back