backwoods 3400 vs. chubby?

AWilliams

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So, for whatever reason I am unable to use the search feature here because I guess I haven't been here long enough...but is there any REAL significant difference in the 3400 and the regular chubby? And is the chubby/3400 really the best deal going for an insulated cabinet? Thanks

I'd at least give a look at the Humphreys line up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The differences are the Chubby 3400 is made in China. It is a mass produced version of the original chubby. Its the equal of the Chubby. That being said the Chubby is Made in the USA. There are more available features for the Chubby as it is not mass produced. If you want to add things such as 2 inches of insulation then the Chubby is the way to go. If you go basic features the 3400 is a great value. You can add casters and a cover if you would like but not much else.

The "Red Box" is a bit cheaper and a bit smaller.

Humphrey's seems to call my a name a bit louder. Their "Saturday" is price competitively but, a Weekender or Long Weekender is more apt to find their way to my home.

Yup...I've looked at the Humphreys line now. Happy with the quality of the redbox...but it's too small. Shoulda spent a little more on a little bit bigger.

Back