• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

T-Bone Steak Reverse Seared on the Goldens'

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had picked these up a day or two ago with a weekend dinner in mind. Sako's recent awesome steak post prompted me to grill these today. The pics aren't anywhere near the quality in his post and the meat is only a Choice cut, but it all comes down to how it's prepared and cooked. So here goes.

These were marked as USDA Choice Beef Loin T-Bone Steaks. They looked decent, nice thickness and were a good candidate for dinner -

Seasoned with EVOO, pepper and OakRidge BBQ Santa Maria -

The Goldens' was set up for two zone grilling with the divider plate in place, but the potatoes get a head start -

After a few minutes on the indirect side, they're moved over the direct coals for a reverse sear -

Resting and looking good -

Perfection -

Plated with the potatoes and some oven roasted cauliflower -

A great weekend dinner. Thanks for reading this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Killer!! Sure wish Golden’s made a larger cooker for big families!

A year or two ago they were showing "Big George" on some of their sites. 855 sq in of cooking area. Perhaps it was a one off, maybe they decided not to introduce it. A call to Goldens' might be worth the ask, though I don't see it on their website.

A Google search turns up some pictures of it on Pinterest and Facebook. I can't seem to post a link to either.

Leftovers become Tapas Tacos

With one of these steaks sitting in the fridge as leftovers it was the last day to either toss it or do something with it. I decided to do something with it. I wasn't intending on posting this as I thought it was a stupid idea, but sometimes stupid turns out ok. I figured why not make Tapa Tacos? The Mrs wasn't in the mood for dinner so this was an experiment just for me.

I picked up some street tortillas (4-5" size) and a bbq sauce I've never used before at Walmart while running an errand -

I sliced the steak very thin and of course, out onto the Blackstone it went. The roasted cauliflower also went onto the griddle along with the street tortillas -

The steak took on a nice caramelization with the bbq sauce. The cauliflower did too although it essentially just had to reheat -

Yeah, cauliflower is sort of an odd topping for a taco, but it worked out ok. Would I serve this to guests? Probably not. Would I serve it to me? Why not? It was great the first time, it should be just as good this time in a slightly different presentation.

Sure it would have been nice to have additional Tapas Taco toppings, but this was a quick and easy meal and a means to make use of leftovers.

Thanks for checking in on some craziness on the Blackstone!

Regards,
-lunchman

Back