MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
LanceM88
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Lance
Default KCBS judging classes

Hey everybody,

I decided that I wanted to take a KCBS judging class before I start competing. Anyway, there is a class in early February in Aiken South Carolina. I entered and just received an email back. The guy that is organizing the class said to spread the word because we don't have enough students to qualify for KCBS yet. If anybody is interested in taking the class, look up the info on the KCBS site and send in your information. There has to be enough of us that want to take the class. Thanks for the help.

Lance

Old 12-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #2
NoNotTheDuo
On the road to being a farker

Hope you get enough to take the class!

A KCBS membership + judging class makes a great Christmas present!
NoNotTheDuo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-15-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
QProjectKC
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : J

I am looking at taking a KCBS judging class too but I am in KC and its just too far to travel right now for me. I checked with them and they said there was one here at the royal but they are only showing Shawnee KS, but when you click it it says canceled.

There is one in De Moines IA I am looking at in February or March which I emailed on and they sent me an entry form but nothing about needing more folks. Just looking out.

QProjectKC
QProjectKC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #4
NoNotTheDuo

QProjectKC - Keep checking every once in awhile. There's usually a few classes in the KC area throughout the year. I suspect organizers are waiting to see how the next few months play out.

We took one at Metro Community College Longview campus last year, right before things went south. I also took one at a church in KCK a few years ago.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:01 AM   #5
ModelMaker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QProjectKC View Post
I am looking at taking a KCBS judging class too but I am in KC and its just too far to travel right now for me. I checked with them and they said there was one here at the royal but they are only showing Shawnee KS, but when you click it it says canceled.

There is one in De Moines IA I am looking at in February or March which I emailed on and they sent me an entry form but nothing about needing more folks. Just looking out.

QProjectKC
The class in Des Moines (Johnston) is March 27. It's a very good class taught by Rich and Bunny Tuttle. I have helped this class for years.
Here is the link with all the info.
Ed

https://iabbq.org/judges-classes/
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2020, 12:06 AM   #6
QProjectKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNotTheDuo View Post
QProjectKC - Keep checking every once in awhile. There's usually a few classes in the KC area throughout the year. I suspect organizers are waiting to see how the next few months play out.

We took one at Metro Community College Longview campus last year, right before things went south. I also took one at a church in KCK a few years ago.
Thanks a lot!

I've been limited on grill space until recently. Fixin up an abused OKJ longhorn. Probably need to fab a new firebox FB but smoke is rolling tomorrow, got a set of Butts, my first!

QKC

Old 12-18-2020, 12:10 AM   #7
QProjectKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
The class in Des Moines (Johnston) is March 27. It's a very good class taught by Rich and Bunny Tuttle. I have helped this class for years.
Here is the link with all the info.
Ed

https://iabbq.org/judges-classes/
Thanks a lot! I gotta see what my schedule looks like pretty sure I seen some recommendations about the tuttles before when I was lurking. They were the folks that are on the canceled Shawnee, KS session. I think being around other judges would be a very informative experience.

QKC

Old 12-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #8
NoNotTheDuo

Quote:
Originally Posted by QProjectKC View Post
Thanks a lot! I gotta see what my schedule looks like pretty sure I seen some recommendations about the tuttles before when I was lurking. They were the folks that are on the canceled Shawnee, KS session. I think being around other judges would be a very informative experience.

QKC
Rich and Bunny are great. They taught my class back in February this year, but I've known them through competitions for about the last 5 or so years.

They are obviously judges and judge instructors, but they are also reps, and they compete. They have probably forgotten more about KCBS than many of us will know. Be sure to ask them, and your table, questions that you have.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:43 AM   #9
ModelMaker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNotTheDuo View Post
Rich and Bunny are great. They taught my class back in February this year, but I've known them through competitions for about the last 5 or so years.

They are obviously judges and judge instructors, but they are also reps, and they compete. They have probably forgotten more about KCBS than many of us will know. Be sure to ask them, and your table, questions that you have.
If I remember correctly Bunnys KCBS member number is 4.....
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote