MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Jeff Therrell
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Anybody use Ole Hickory CTO in restaurant?

We have leased a new restaurant and don't really have a space to put a smoker thru the wall or outside. We are looking at the 2 CTOs because we also don't have a door wider than 36"s. Will this be enough smoker to handle a 125 seat restaurant in a very busy city?
Thanks, Jeff
Pecan Pit BBQ and Cajun Cafe
Jeff Therrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
SigSauerNY
On the road to being a farker

They are workhorses and have some room. I am not familiar withquantities in them but I do know a local bar that runs two cto's and offers ribs, sliced brisket, pulled pork and no complaints however their main business is beers and if your is bbq it might take some getting used to to juggle quantities and may run thin at times.

Also Margaret at ole hickory is very knowledgeable regarding capacity and requirements have you tried talking with her?
SigSauerNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #3
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

I saw that they just came out with a Double wide CTO, 40 sf of cooking space. Might be worth looking into.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

You going to be open for lunch and dinner?

Not even close. Think about looking at the double model.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
Jeff Therrell
Knows what a fatty is.

We were going to get 2 of the small ones but then we seen the double. They just got the double on their website today and I've already talked with them today. $9700 for the double is not a bad price.
Jeff Therrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->