Got the swords out again

NoOne

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
NoOne
Cleaning out the freezer we had the trimmings of 2-3 beef tenderloins that were cut into medallions. I cut them thin thinking I should do a quick pan sear or cut into strips for fajitas or a stir fry, but I decided to skewer them and put them on the grill Churrasco style with a simple garlic marinade and rock salt.

YxA7Kwm.jpg

I4Mk7wC.jpg

tgiV16W.jpg

It was windy as hell, but the gasser was able to keep a steady temp and they came out great, but would have been better if they were cut thicker. The swords are so damn fun to cook with.

What do you call the box that the swords rest on? Was that part of the sword kit or an additional purchase?

Thanks,

Robert

That does look incredible! You could actually just walk around and eat it like food on a stick, and be able to defend yourself if someone tries to take it.:fencing:

What do you call the box that the swords rest on? Was that part of the sword kit or an additional purchase?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

It is just the skewer rack for the swords and is sold separately (the swords are sold individually here also). It is great to have for the larger loads that could get unbalanced. It elevates the skewers up from the gas burners so flare ups aren’t too bad and it has notches to hold the swords in position at 90 degrees to prevent rolling.

Not essential, but good to have when cooking something large.

Robert,

It is just the skewer rack for the swords and is sold separately (the swords are sold individually here also). It is great to have for the larger loads that could get unbalanced. It elevates the skewers up from the gas burners so flare ups aren’t too bad and it has notches to hold the swords in position at 90 degrees to prevent rolling.

Not essential, but good to have when cooking something large.

I like the looks of it for the extra height and it appears that it will break down into pieces for storage. Is that correct? The ones I've searched for here do not appear to break down and are much shorter.

Thanks,

Robert

I like the looks of it for the extra height and it appears that it will break down into pieces for storage. Is that correct? The ones I've searched for here do not appear to break down and are much shorter.

Thanks,

Robert

It does - it is just 4 threaded rods with acorn nuts on the front and wing nuts on the back.

After your previous post where I realized we had similar skewers, I thought what cool Christmas presents, but mine came from South America too. I found some V-shaped ones online and ordered a set to check them out.... man, these had sharp edges on the blade, points that were too sharp and curl style handles that had sharp points. They went back pronto.

So if anyone finds some good quality ones, let me know.

Yeah - I can’t find them online in the US. I did buy 4 more of the 26” and 4 of the 30” to bring home with me. I may pick up a few more of the 30’s for s’s & giggles.

Curious what brand you ordered so I can stay away from them.

Back