MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #16
GrillBillie_D
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tduffy View Post
Sounds like another direct violation of the bylaws by the BOD. Which board member told you this?
The Bylaws are a bit vague on elections. They only say that they must occur annually with electronic and written ballots as options. It doesn't really say when or who can vote.
GrillBillie_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #17
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillBillie_D View Post
The Bylaws are a bit vague on elections. They only say that they must occur annually with electronic and written ballots as options. It doesn't really say when or who can vote.
This was on page 14 of the December Bullsheet:

"Reminder - Your KCBS membership must be current as of December 15th,
2018 to be eligible to vote in the 2019 Board of Directors Election.
Not sure about your membership, call the KCBS Office at 800-963-5227"
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #18
Fat Freddy
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

Rusty you are completely innocent in all of this and I personally am glad you brought this up.

Saying that, to me this is another example of a cluster fark. I know for sure as Slamdunkpro posted that you had to be a member in good standings by mid Dec. To me this is just another example of them making rules up as they go. Whats to keep someone from joining just to vote a certain way and or KCBS manipulating the scores? Something seems super fishy. Between conflict of interests on the board, all the closed door sessions, the entire new website and time it was started(election) and now this? I guess personally I have had my fill of what I perceive as some of the games going on

Old 01-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #19
Rusty Kettle
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you with the face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Rusty you are completely innocent in all of this and I personally am glad you brought this up.

Saying that, to me this is another example of a cluster fark. I know for sure as Slamdunkpro posted that you had to be a member in good standings by mid Dec. To me this is just another example of them making rules up as they go. Whats to keep someone from joining just to vote a certain way and or KCBS manipulating the scores? Something seems super fishy. Between conflict of interests on the board, all the closed door sessions, the entire new website and time it was started(election) and now this? I guess personally I have had my fill of what I perceive as some of the games going on
I honestly am not sure what the heck is going on. It does say it in the December
Bull sheet, I just looked it up in the archive on kcbs's website. Which is not at all what was communicated to me by KCBS. So yeah it sure looks odd. Luckily the same thing was communicated to a few other members. So at least people know I am not full of chit.
So far what I know is the following.

I was told I was fine to vote.
I voted. I posted this topic here. Was told basically I should not be able to vote due to my membership not being renewed in time. I posted a response because I was not aware of this rule. I contacted KCBS and was told I was fine to vote. Ok so then slamdunkpro posted that it said it in the bull sheet in December. I finished my response to kcbs and told them to come here and read the whole topic for themselves as slamdunkpro had questioned it based on the December Bullsheet.
Now I suppose we wait and see what happens next with this.

Talk about stepping on a land mine.
Rusty Kettle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2019, 05:28 PM   #20
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:

IANAL but my understanding is you have to make the election period public and finite. You can't just arbitrarily extend the membership in good standing date by 30 days. How many former KCBS members that might be interested thought they missed their window to renew and vote based on the published dates? This borders on deliberate disenfranchisement and may very well be grounds to challenge the election results.
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------

Old 01-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #21
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post

Yeah, I'm done too. Just wish I'd not gotten the lifetime membership!
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-09-2019, 10:03 PM   #22
GrillBillie_D
Full Fledged Farker

I went back to the December Bullsheet and found some interesting things.

From the Randall Bowman's Presidents Corner statement:
"Voting will be done all online, so please make sure the KCBS office has your current email address so we can make sure you get the email links to vote." That statement alone is a violation of the Bylaws. Written paper ballots are always an option. This is from the President!

I also see where it states "Your KCBS membership must be current as of December 15th, 2018 to be eligible to vote" How will they explain this discrepancy?
GrillBillie_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2019, 11:05 PM   #23
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I also see where it states "Your KCBS membership must be current as of December 15th, 2018 to be eligible to vote" How will they explain this discrepancy?
"We had to extend the date for international members and due to website issues"

"Why haven't you published this information?"

"Herp derp herp derp - it's a secret" The lawyers told us to do it"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
-----------------

Old 01-10-2019, 03:30 AM   #24
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Kettle View Post
I honestly am not sure what the heck is going on. It does say it in the December
Bull sheet, I just looked it up in the archive on kcbs's website. Which is not at all what was communicated to me by KCBS. So yeah it sure looks odd. Luckily the same thing was communicated to a few other members. So at least people know I am not full of chit.
So far what I know is the following.

I was told I was fine to vote.
I voted. I posted this topic here. Was told basically I should not be able to vote due to my membership not being renewed in time. I posted a response because I was not aware of this rule. I contacted KCBS and was told I was fine to vote. Ok so then slamdunkpro posted that it said it in the bull sheet in December. I finished my response to kcbs and told them to come here and read the whole topic for themselves as slamdunkpro had questioned it based on the December Bullsheet.
Now I suppose we wait and see what happens next with this.

Talk about stepping on a land mine.
Take a deep breath and chill. It’s just BBQ 🤪
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #25
Rusty Kettle
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you with the face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
Take a deep breath and chill. It’s just BBQ 🤪
yeah I hear you. I said what I know and thats it. Beyond that if the board member I have been speaking to wants to chime in he can. It sounded like he was going to but maybe I misunderstood. I think he should speak up as it should be addressed.
As I understand it right now my vote counts.
I am not addressing it further unless something changes. If anyone wants to pm me they can but I really have nothing left to add. I recommend any further questions be directed to the board as really I am the guy that just blindly stepped in the mess.
Rusty Kettle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #26
Jousting Pigs
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Big John

From the KCBS website today...

"There was an erroneous posting in the December Bullsheet concerning the KCBS elections. It stated “Reminder - Your KCBS membership must be current as of December 15th, 2018 to be eligible to vote in the 2019 Board of Directors Election. Not sure about your membership, call the KCBS Office at 800-963-5227”. We apologize for this mis-information. Current paid membership is required to vote and the election is open through January 16, 2019 at 5:00 central time. The BullSheet goes out to current membership and voting information has been communicated through board minutes, kcbs.us and social media. With the new platform and being able to communicate through more mediums, we fully hope and anticipate a higher voting percentage than years past. "

https://mms.kcbs.us/news_archive_hea...hp?org_id=KCBA
Jousting Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #27
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
I went back to the December Bullsheet and found some interesting things.

From the Randall Bowman's Presidents Corner statement:
"Voting will be done all online, so please make sure the KCBS office has your current email address so we can make sure you get the email links to vote." That statement alone is a violation of the Bylaws. Written paper ballots are always an option. This is from the President!

Elsewhere, it's stated that member may request a paper ballot. The question about inconsistencies is more than fair though.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #28
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousting Pigs View Post
From the KCBS website today...

"There was an erroneous posting in the December Bullsheet concerning the KCBS elections. It stated “Reminder - Your KCBS membership must be current as of December 15th, 2018 to be eligible to vote in the 2019 Board of Directors Election. Not sure about your membership, call the KCBS Office at 800-963-5227”. We apologize for this mis-information. Current paid membership is required to vote and the election is open through January 16, 2019 at 5:00 central time. The BullSheet goes out to current membership and voting information has been communicated through board minutes, kcbs.us and social media. With the new platform and being able to communicate through more mediums, we fully hope and anticipate a higher voting percentage than years past. "

https://mms.kcbs.us/news_archive_hea...hp?org_id=KCBA
It's sad that my first thought is "Posted because of an honest mistake (40 days after the fact) or posted because we got caught"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
-----------------

Old 01-20-2019, 12:58 PM   #29
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Kettle View Post
So I renewed my membership because of the requirement for membership to compete.
Since when?

Old 01-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #30
ewatts2003
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red valley bbq View Post
since when?