Mark's 12 volt UDS air blower

Mark

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Someone was wondering about rigging up a small fan/blower system for their UDS for getting it quickly stoked. So I built this out of 2 coupled PC fans and a car exhaust fitting . It's powered by a surplus 12-volt transformer I had.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 308
Quickly stoked??? Mine come's up to temp in under 20 min's! :confused:
Isin't a fan in an enclosed drum gonna blow ash all over the place??

Not knocking ya bro, just asking.

I have seen it work.

I have tasted the product and know ash to speak of....

I was thinking of the same thing for my offset. I have 2 fans from old pc's just sitting here for me to get off my dead backside and tinker with it. The exhaust pipe adaptakit is a nice idea....

If you want to spend a little cash you can get a PID controller that runs off 12V to control that ala redneck guru.

hey if you gonna use a fan to start a fire, do it properly... this is what i use MWAHAhahaa
hv9.jpg
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cheers

I Garontee the ash'll be flyin' if you use Rancher and a fan!!

Quickly stoked??? Mine come's up to temp in under 20 min's! :confused:
Isin't a fan in an enclosed drum gonna blow ash all over the place??

Not knocking ya bro, just asking.

As long as you do not use to high a speed fan, the ash will be at a minimum. If using the blowdryer mod, yes there will be ash. My first fan was like this one here, now I use the Stoker.

If you want to spend a little cash you can get a PID controller that runs off 12V to control that ala redneck guru.

You have built the pellet smoker using the fish tank air pump. Do you think this would work on that with some modifications? I am talking about using the computer fan.
Dave

I googled "PID controller" and came up with some cheap ones for around 100 bucks. That's about 10 times more than the fan unit cost me. Naw; I'm too cheap. Besides, sitting around tending the fire (I only use sticks) with an ample supply of carbonated grain beverage (per local fire code) may be jeprodized by such a device.

PS: I bought my parts here: http://www.nexfan.com/40mmfans.html
PSS: If you really want to pimp out your UDS, check out the neon fans.

I googled "PID controller" and came up with some cheap ones for around 100 bucks. That's about 10 times more than the fan unit cost me. Naw; I'm too cheap. Besides, sitting around tending the fire (I only use sticks) with an ample supply of carbonated grain beverage (per local fire code) may be jeprodized by such a device.

PS: I bought my parts here: http://www.nexfan.com/40mmfans.html
PSS: If you really want to pimp out your UDS, check out the neon fans.
Ebay has them most of the time.

Back