Let's talk pellets

ss4825

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So now that the MAK's are being delivered and I'm a pellet noob. What pellets do you guys and gals recommend?

I have tried a few over the years… my favorite to date are Bear Mountain. Do you have a nearby TSC?

I been sticking with Bear Mountain and or cookingpellets.com

For those who like Bear Mountain pellets is there a particular type that you like the best or does it depend on the type of protein you're cooking?

For those who like Bear Mountain pellets is there a particular type that you like the best or does it depend on the type of protein you're cooking?

Hickory or one of the stronger blends like their Bold Blend. TSC often carries their Gourmet Blend which has also been great.

Love having a TSC 5 mins down the street :)

Also like the bear mountain brand. Have run cooking pellets, ran out of them and picked up a bag of traeger pellets because that was the only option I could find in hickory locally. They worked great. For me, the bear mountain is the best deal

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I recently thought I was going to be strictly Smoke Ring pellets due to quality and semi close store pick up. Then I saw Bear Mt at my TSC and like Robb it is literally like 5 min away.

About 45 minutes away.

How about Academy Sports? They carry B&B pellets which are simply rebranded BBQrs Delight. Another great option. Or a Rural King? They carry Lumberjack pellets at a very good price point!

Last edited:
I will start out with Bear Mountain from TSC, if that becomes unavailable, I will probably order an online group buy of Lumberjack from BBQpelletsonline.

I have a variety of 30lb bags of Lumber Jack. I've only tried their Competition Blend. Good flavor but not much in the way of smoke.

I also have their 100% Hickory and Hickory charcoal pellets. Just loaded the hopper with Hickory which I was anxious to try.

Lumberjack 100% Hickory or Lil' Devils. Leaning more toward Lil' Devils because there is much less dust, the flavor is good, they're right there in the grocery store, and they cost half as much.

How about Academy Sports? They carry B&B pellets which are simply rebranded BBQrs Delight. Another great option. Or a Rural King? They carry Lumberjack pellets at a very good price point!

Tractor Supply being in Elizabeth City about 45 minutes away is no problem. It's kind of on the way to the dragstrip.

Hickory or one of the stronger blends like their Bold Blend. TSC often carries their Gourmet Blend which has also been great.

Love having a TSC 5 mins down the street :)

Hey, I've been there! Not sure which one, but at one point I ran all the networking for all the TSC's in TN.

Good timing, too. Our 10% off coupon just hit, so looks like it's time for a weekend stockup at the local store.

Back