MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
jasonjax
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Anyone use these pellets?

My wife got us a membership to SAMS and sent this pic. Price seems great for 40 lbs. Anyone have experience with these?

jasonjax is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-14-2019, 08:45 AM   #2
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Just scanned Amazon reviews. Most ratings under 5 seemed to be people rating pellets used in tubes electric etc. those read using pellet cookers seemed all 4&5. Pacific NW alder based. I’ve tried a bunch of pellets in my DC, so far B&B is leading. Congrats on the Sam’s Club membership. You’ll save spend 390$ a trip. Hit their meat counter late week Thursday evening Friday morning. Great red tag meat specials. Also their gas pumps are usually 13-18c per gallon cheaper than regular pumps.

I’ll buy a bag if they have it next trip. “I gots to know”. Thanks

Last edited by 16Adams; 02-14-2019 at 09:19 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

I'll have to look at Sam's next time I am there. Price is even better than Walmart's price on Pit Boss comp blend (which I use a lot of).

Old 02-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #4
FrugalQ
On the road to being a farker

I’ve been through several bags in my pitboss and still supplement flavors like cherry and pecan in my tube but they burn really well and seem to do great for searing my grill grates hit almost 500 on infrared without sliding over the sear zone deflector.
FrugalQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #5
JLStout
Got Wood.

I'm a big fan of the Pit Boss pellets also. Great price.
JLStout is offline   Reply With Quote