MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default Nominations for the KCBS Board of Directors are now open

If you or someone you know would like to run for the KCBS Board of directors nominations are being accepted from now until the end of the month. To nominate someone send an email to [email protected]

A term on the board lasts 3 years and is a big commitment. Regular Meetings are held once a month via teleconference.

There are 4 open seats for a full 3 year term and 1 open seat for a 2 year term.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Who's terms are expiring?
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Paul Kirk Served 2 consecutive terms so he's not eligible to run again
Mike Lake Served 2 consecutive terms so he's not eligible to run again
Candy Weaver served 1 term and is eligible to run again
Arlie Bragg served 1 term and is eligible to run again

Seat open when George Mullins resigned. The person elected to this seat will serve the 2 remaining years of George's term. The person with the 5th most votes during the 2013 election will serve this term

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Will the list of candidates who have accepted nominations be made public before the end of the month?

If not, I'd like to know the reasoning behind it. If it's a rule in the "bylaws" or other such document, that's a valid reason, but if it's not, why?

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
Will the list of candidates who have accepted nominations be made public before the end of the month?

If not, I'd like to know the reasoning behind it. If it's a rule in the "bylaws" or other such document, that's a valid reason, but if it's not, why?

dmp
The nominations are open until the end of the month and once all nominations have been made and accepted a list will be published. I think that's fair to all possible candidates and as far as I know it's been the procedure for many years.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
I think that's fair to all possible candidates
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but are you saying that it might be unfair to existing candidates if the public was aware of their candidacy before nominations closed? I've never been a part of another organization which handles elections that way, but then, I've not been a member of every organization.

dmp

Old 10-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I'm saying I think it's fair to all candidates that KCBS make it public that they are running all at the same time. There's nothing preventing any candidate from announcing they are running but I think official word on the KCBS website should be handled as a single group. How do other organizations you belong to handle elections ? Any organization I've been a part of, announces all the candidates at once in a newsletter or email. Of course most organizations I belong to only have monthly newsletters they don't publish things on a weekly basis.

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

For the FBA elections they are listed on the website as soon as thy accept the nomination. I think Steve is correct that it has been the policy of the kcbs to list candidates once nominations are closed.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I'm saying I think it's fair to all candidates that KCBS make it public that they are running all at the same time.
I think I get it: You're saying that it may not be fair for one candidate to get more publicity from KCBS than another due to when they each accepted a nomination? I can understand that.

Quote:
How do other organizations you belong to handle elections ?
The other ones I have belonged to that come to mind, past and present, have nominations and elections at the same time, so every one voting, and those who might choose to run, know who's running as it happens. I don't think I've ever had the right kind of stock to elect an S-Corp's BOD. Looking at the US political system, I think that each person's candidacy is made public as soon as that candidate files the appropriate paperwork.

My biggest question is to know if there will be choices in the upcoming election (> 5 candidates), or if any one stands the chance of getting in by default. I would think those kinds of figures might encourage more nominations...but thank you for answering my questions, including the reason why.

dmp

Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Candy Sue
is one Smokin' Farker

I can say that there are currently more than 5 candidates running so that answers your biggest question, DMP.
Candy Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
Diva
is one Smokin' Farker

The letters were super tiny, so, I posted it again.

www.TheSlabs.com
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
Diva
is one Smokin' Farker

Here's the list of nominees running for the 2013 KCBS Board of Directors, as published in the KCBS November Quick Notes: Candy Weaver (incumbent), Cheryl Hill (The Smoking Hills), Dave Londeen, Stephanie Wilson (me), Wayne Lohman (past board member), Richard Preston, Steve Grinstead, Kim Collier, Andy Weaver, Arlie Bragg (incumbent), Gene Goycochea (past board member), Don Harwell (past board member) and Mike Peters (KCBS Great American BBQ Tour).

www.TheSlabs.com
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
Candy Sue
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Here's the list of nominees running for the 2013 KCBS Board of Directors, as published in the KCBS November Quick Notes: Candy Weaver (incumbent), Cheryl Hill (The Smoking Hills), Dave Londeen, Stephanie Wilson (me), Wayne Lohman (past board member), Richard Preston, Steve Grinstead, Kim Collier, Andy Weaver, Arlie Bragg (incumbent), Gene Goycochea (past board member), Don Harwell (past board member) and Mike Peters (KCBS Great American BBQ Tour).

I am not related to Andy Weaver and I don't recall this name being approved on 11/14!
Candy Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
Diva
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Sue View Post
I am not related to Andy Weaver and I don't recall this name being approved on 11/14!
I did a cut and paste on the Quick Notes...

www.TheSlabs.com
Old 11-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

I know who I'm voting for.