Cooking now for tomorrow - the dreaded reheat

grilling24x7

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have another thread going right now with my pork on top brisket on bottom. I didn't want this question to get lost in the PRON over in that thread so I'm going to ask it here.

I have 12 people coming over expecting top notch BBQ. Normally I always cook the same day. Well with a 3pm game tomorrow that's not happening.

Here's what I'm thinking.

1. Tonight when the pork is done im going to pull it and put it in a covered aluminum tin in the fridge. I like a vinegar based sauce so to reheat it tomorrow I'm going to put some vinegar NC style BBQ sauce in with the pork at 250 degrees in my oven (foiled aluminum tin). Mix it all up and serve it hot on rolls.

2. Tonight when the brisket is done I'm going to slice just a few pieces (for me to test it :p) then I was thinking about foiling the whole brisket in the fridge overnight. Then tomorrow a slow reheat in the oven and then slice it to serve with sauce on the side for sandwiches.

Any thoughts on preserving the freshness of my cook for tomorrow with my plan above?

Thanks!
John

I've reheated the point the next day and it was awesome. Still have the burning question in my head about what the briskit would be like if you were to foil it, wrap in a blanket and put it in a cooler over night and then low heat tomorrow????? Not sure I would want to be the guy that gets the blame on this if it didn't work though! Lol

Ive done brisket the way you describe, we put some budlight in with it during the reheat for moisture sake, our company said it was the best theyd had, so i guess it was a good turn out.

Dont put it in the fridge, I pull mine, put it in a pan and cover it up, let it sit in the oven overnight(with the oven off), then put oven on 350 for about 30 minutes and its good as it can be, its not really that big of a deal to re-heat it, i think cooling it in the fridge is what causes problems

Dont put it in the fridge, I pull mine, put it in a pan and cover it up, let it sit in the oven overnight(with the oven off), then put oven on 350 for about 30 minutes and its good as it can be, its not really that big of a deal to re-heat it, i think cooling it in the fridge is what causes problems

for christmas, we always had several meats, so my grandmother would start cooking the day before and do exactly what you are saying cover and leave out overnight and then reheat the next day.

Back