UDS Stand

eribac

Knows what a fatty is.
I build a UDS earlier this summer and have a lot fun cooking on it. The only issue that I have had with it is that I no utility table next too it which made taking the food off the smoker quite interesting sometimes.

So, I finally found some time and fixed that issue. I built this stand out of scrap cedar that I had in my garage along with left ceramic tiles from previous projects. Plus this stand allowed me to move the UDS up on the deck which will allow easier access during the winter.

More Project Photos

IMAG0123.jpg

With you uds and that stand it's kinda hard to figure just where the ugly comes into play. Really nice work!

Great work. I think the only thing I would add would be some heavy duty swivel locking casters so the whole rig could be moved easily by yourself just in case you needed too. Did you build the picnic table too? Looks like a nice table.

Nice build! I was in the same boat as you, so I built this:

webertable12.jpg

I love having some work space on the deck, and building the OTS into the top got it up to a better working height. The top is Stainless and the table is Redwood, but all I have into it is some hardware and the sealant for the wood. I liked it so much I made another one for my Brother in law for a birthday present, and snuck it over to his place while he was at a Twins game.

BTW, the UDS has since gotten a grind and paint, so she's a lot prettier now than she is in this picture.

Looks like pretty handy table. It sure will make cooking outside easyer for you. Probably wont be long before you have a bunch of equipment stacked up under the work space.

Did you build the picnic table too?

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Regarding the scrap cedar; I have a bad habit of always purchasing extra lumber when starting a project, so I have accumulated quite a bit over the years. Most of it end up in northern MN and gets used for building deer hunting stands.

McGurk - Nice looking stand. I like the stainless steel top. Thanks again for the drum a couple weeks back, hopefully I can get a start on that project this weekend. Weather should be nice for a burn out!

Yes, I did build the picnic table a few years back. Here is better picture of it:

IMG_2833.JPG

I thought it was an extreme coincidence that you were in Jordan and had the same type of drum that I gave away! I didn't put it together, though. Good Luck with the build, and let us know how it goes.

Nice job. I have been needing to do something similiar to your table, but have been putting it off until it temps gets a little cooler. I hate working on a project with sweat drippin' off my nose. :becky:

Back