My take on Margherita Pizza

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have a problem! It’s a nice problem to have but it’s still a problem.

Yep! My tomato plants are going crazy and I need to find ways to use all these tomatoes. I figured one way was to make a few pizzas. One is a version of Margherita Pizza utilizing lots of thin tomato slices.

Here are most of the ingredients I used. Tomatoes sliced and ready to use.

Fresh Basil and Oregano from my garden.

Took everything out to my gas grill / outdoor prep area.

Cut my dough in half

And constructed my pizza.

Here is the results.

And plated with a nice IPA.

Perfect crust.

Yum!

You've made a very good start. You might want to Google "gazpacho".

You had me at Pizza:becky: A few suggestions, Tomato Pie, Tomato Jam, Salsa,
I like to 1/2 Cherry tomatoes and put them in to a 13X9 pan drizzle with EVOO ,Dried oregano & Basil and roast in a 350 oven until they are caramelized and soft then toss them with angle hair pasta.

Awesome pies! I know this problem. My dad used to grow tomatoes and we always had so many at once. You can make some sauce and freeze it? Can never have too much sauce. My dad used to make tomato and basil salad with olive oil and salt and pepper.

You've made a very good start. You might want to Google "gazpacho".
Thank you dads. Looked that up and will give it a go.

You had me at Pizza:becky: A few suggestions, Tomato Pie, Tomato Jam, Salsa,
I like to 1/2 Cherry tomatoes and put them in to a 13X9 pan drizzle with EVOO ,Dried oregano & Basil and roast in a 350 oven until they are caramelized and soft then toss them with angle hair pasta.
Thank you Bludawg. Salsa is a definite. The rest are a definite maybe. :becky:

Awesome pies! I know this problem. My dad used to grow tomatoes and we always had so many at once. You can make some sauce and freeze it? Can never have too much sauce. My dad used to make tomato and basil salad with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Thank you Decoy. I'll give that a try.

Ever do any home canning? Tomato sauce, juice, salsa, etc...

Back